D&D Movie/TV (Yet another) D&D Movie Speculation thread.

It is different when a temple is destroyed by a terrorist attack or by a natural disaster.

Usually most of people don't feel unconfortable about things from fiction but sometimes there are enough exceptions to cause troubles.

* Drow is a word for a fantasy race, not used in the usual talking, and if my naive languange is not English you could forgive me I forget its plural isn't regular. And I dare to say in a future English-speakers will start to add S to the plural of the word drow.

* Maybe the first step for a D&D movie is a miniserie in online TV channel.

* Other option is cartoon about a mash-up of old Hasbro franchises but in a D&D version, in a world with enough arcanepunk technology to create skyships and other vehicles.

For a while, there was talk of doing a reboot of G.I. Joe, a MASK movie, and a D&D movie, then adding the Transformers and releasing a Hasbro crossover film featuring all of them to create a “Hasbro Cinematic Universe.” Not sure if they’ve cooled on that idea or not, but the projected timeline was years out.

* Other option is cartoon about a mash-up of old Hasbro franchises but in a D&D version, in a world with enough arcanepunk technology to create skyships and other vehicles.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
For a while, there was talk of doing a reboot of G.I. Joe, a MASK movie, and a D&D movie, then adding the Transformers and releasing a Hasbro crossover film featuring all of them to create a “Hasbro Cinematic Universe.” Not sure if they’ve cooled on that idea or not, but the projected timeline was years out.

Talk about crossing the streams! Gods have mercy!

Parmandur

Book-Friend

The Hasbro Cinematic Universe is still happening, though that is a different thing from the D&D stuff, focused on "contemporary" stuff. Room and M.A.S.K.S. seem to be not happening right now, but G. I. Joe is still happening alongside plans to mix it with Transformers.

G.I. Joe and Transformers probably would fit together better, with M.A.S.K. almost a bridge between the two.

That being said, part of me would love to see an absolutely insane all-franchise mash-up.

The Hasbro Cinematic Universe is still happening, though that is a different thing from the D&D stuff, focused on "contemporary" stuff. Room and M.A.S.K.S. seem to be not happening right now, but G. I. Joe is still happening alongside plans to mix it with Transformers.

If D&D ties into the broader Hasbro universe, I expect we would only see it in terms of Easter Eggs as far as D&D movies: an Autobot symbol on a piece of metal in the background of a wizard's lair or something like that. That being said, if there was a hobgoblin army that had a Cobra symbol on its standard, I would be greatly amused.

I don't think we will see Scarlet, Matt Tracker, and Kupp show up to team up with Elminster or anything like that...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases