Yo, Yo! GI JOE!

Tharian

First Post
DM_Matt said:
They are destroying GI Joe to serve international audiences like you who have a problem with the US or US policy. What this really is is a EU Force movie marketed in the USA under the false pretenses that its GI Joe, after killing the real Gi Joe and taking its stuff.
If they really wanted something EU based, why wouldn't they look at a movie version of Rainbow Six? Just a thought.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Tharian said:
If they really wanted something EU based, why wouldn't they look at a movie version of Rainbow Six? Just a thought.

Because John Clark and Ding Chavez aren't nearly as cool as Snake Eyes.

I hate to be one of those people, but I don't think I'm going to see this. I figure my seatmates would like to hear the movie over my teeth grinding.

Brad

Templetroll

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
*Shrugs*

Where else can they do it without Hollwood-based handprints on it? Hasbro owns the IP, and they're US-based (yeah, like GI JOE would originate from Iran).

The movie is supposed to have the team be international and originate from Brussels, Belguim. Yeah, same place Hercule Poirot is from. *sigh*

Ranger REG

Explorer
cignus_pfaccari said:
I have utterly no problem with them downplaying his ninja-ness. Because, yeah, I got tired of ninjas, too.
That's because you watch the wrong kind of ninja movies, like the with Chris Farley. :lol:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Templetroll said:
The movie is supposed to have the team be international and originate from Brussels, Belguim.
"Supposed to," but they're canning the idea of an international HQ base outside of the US. As campy as the 80's version, with the whiny CC, the premise is a much better foundation than anything else the comic books later re-imagined the elite unit.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Ranger REG said:
Rachel Nichols will play Scarlett.

I really liked her on Alias. I think she'll be one of the bright spots of the cast.

I hope Snow Job gets treated like he does on Robot Chicken. :p

Remove ads