D&D General Yoon Suin - the best D&D setting I ever purchased in 30 years, on sale for 1 pound

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Looks interesting, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I like the marginalia with cross references. Wish WOTC would do more of that.

squibbles

Adventurer
Yoon Suin is a brilliantly flavorful setting.

A snippet I liked about one location:
"The city itself is a beautiful but haunted place. The nasnas who populate it are silent, shameful things which do not associate with outsiders - or, seemingly, each other. And many of its great buildings - its halls, its mausoleums, its domes, its tenements - lie empty and filled with dust and sighing ghosts. The ogre magi live in towers and minarets, where they stare longingly to distant horizons and ponder their tragic past. No matter the time of day, there is always a feeling that it is twilight. And you might sometimes hear music being played as you wander its streets at night, but you will never find its source."

I cannot recommend it enough.

Thanks @Ancalagon for mentioning the sale.

...bump

Orius

Legend
Totally agree, it deserves more press.

Here's a video that highlights it, along with some other campaign settings that are also really interesting.

I've seen this video, and his video on Yoon-Suin specifically, and I'm somewhat curious about it. It's on my list of things to investigate.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yoon Suin is a brilliantly flavorful setting.

A snippet I liked about one location:
"The city itself is a beautiful but haunted place. The nasnas who populate it are silent, shameful things which do not associate with outsiders - or, seemingly, each other. And many of its great buildings - its halls, its mausoleums, its domes, its tenements - lie empty and filled with dust and sighing ghosts. The ogre magi live in towers and minarets, where they stare longingly to distant horizons and ponder their tragic past. No matter the time of day, there is always a feeling that it is twilight. And you might sometimes hear music being played as you wander its streets at night, but you will never find its source."

I cannot recommend it enough.

Thanks @Ancalagon for mentioning the sale.

...bump

Ah, Syr Darya... my campaign never went there, I don't think I could do it justice...

But thank you. According to a post on this forum, only 4 people ever bought Yoon Suin, and I'm just the author in disguise shilling my book... I mean never mind the fact that I've been on EN world for 20, 21 years now?

So you are in a very elite club :p

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hey do you still have statblocks of the critters that you 5e-fied? That'd be cool...am playing around with this now...
oh, nothing so neat as formal statblocks. In some cases I just reskined monsters - like I used a hill giant for the giant slugman, for example.

As a meager consolation, here is most of the material I have for it:

Remove ads