Pathfinder 2E You Can Now Playtest Pathfinder's New Gunslinger & Inventor

There's a brand new Pathfinder 2E playtest in the wild, and it contains an old favourite and a new arrival -- the Gunslinger and Inventor classes!

pf2e.jpg

The playtest is live now, and runs until February 5th.

Gunslinger -- " This is a brand-new version of an old favorite: the gunslinger has been rebuilt from the ground up with new subclasses and abilities unique to Pathfinder Second Edition, including a sniper subclass specializing in devastating opening attacks. Bonus points for those of you who might not be as enthused about having firearms in your home games: we’re playtesting the gunslinger with built-in options for replacing firearms with crossbows. Now, your snipers and drifters can find their place in any campaign! And no, playing a character with this option won’t require a feat or archetype!"

Inventor -- "Master gadgeteers, inventors can interact with mechanical devices in the heat of combat to influence the direction of the fight, leverage their powerful innovations to deal out devastating attacks, or transform themselves into unbreakable armored bulwarks. Other inventors might prefer to instead rely on their trusty clockwork companions to hold the line while these PCs use their skills and cunning to heal or support the party."

glass

(he, him)
Really? What company is continuing the PF1 lineup? Because I have yet to find any. If I were rich, I'd definitely start up my own in a heartbeat and take over PF1 where Paizo left off.
While other have answered your question, I did not say anything about companies. I was talking about fan conversions (and possibly being a touch hyperbolic).

There is a thread on the subject on the Paizo forums, but to be fair there is not a lot there yet. There is also a conversion thread in the Agents of Edgewatch forum, but I have not looked at it as I might end up playing it one day (probably not but you never know).

_
glass.

glass

(he, him)
Really? What company is continuing the PF1 lineup? Because I have yet to find any. If I were rich, I'd definitely start up my own in a heartbeat and take over PF1 where Paizo left off.
While other have answered your question, I did not say anything about companies. I was talking about fan conversions (and possibly being a touch hyperbolic).
Speaking of fan conversions, this exchange spurred me to a bit of backporting myself. I rather like the flavour of apex items (PF2 stat boosters), so I decided to start there...obviously they are strictly worse than the normal PF1 stat boosters, so they will be of limited use in campaigns where the latter are available. But there are enough varient campaigns where they might see use to be worthwhile IMO....

EDIT: On second thought, this is really off topic for a thread on a PF2 playtest - it deserves its own thread.

Attachments

• PF1 Apex Items.pdf
    94.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases