• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You know 4th edition has succeeded when...

PeelSeel2

Explorer
4E DM'ing prep brings me back to the joys of DM'ing 1E. I have my gaming session with 8-10 players tomorrow. Last adventure things took an unexpected turn as a hard encounter got turned harder by a greedy Rogue, and the party having no tactics what-so-ever (usually very good at it). Out of 8 Characters, 2 Died, 3 got captured (the Rogue offered everyones surrender!), and 3 ran away.

With 4E, all I have to think about is how things unfold. I have a good addition to the plot line now, and a way to stitch it all together from the beginning of the session so I am not running two groups. In 3.x, I would have to worry about the what-if monster stats. Now I do not. What if this what if that? I just have to have the number encountered in my head and I can WING THE REST!!

4E frees up for true winging it, an art that was lost in the 3.x days with rules bloat. Winging it is an art. It is an art that requires the use of a simple rule set to do it right. When it is done right, those are sessions to remeber for a long time!

Remove ads