You know 4th edition has succeeded when...

hectorse

Explorer
players are so immersed in ther story arc development that they forget to ask for XP, or leveling up!

Some may say that it has not much to do with 4th edition but the truth is that the way it makes it easy for me to run games, leaves me much more mindshare to breathe and pace myself with descriptions vivid RPing and ad libing.

So yeah, I think it's been a success at our table

In what ways hs 4th edition been a success in your table

(please don't answer tih something along the lines of: IT'S BEEN A SUCCESS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T LIKE IT AND WON'T BE BUYING IT!!!! SNARK sNARK)

Vanuslux

Explorer
Threads like this are why I think I may need to just take a long break from ENWorld. People still have nothing better to do than try to skirt around the edition war thread ban with poorly disguised gloating.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
. . . I can create a player character that conforms to every last bit of my mental image after having owned the PHB for only two hours.

Monkey Boy

First Post
I'll let you know when my group agrees to play it. Right now they are firmly against and eyeing off 1ed. To contirbute though I am looking forward to DMing this. Adjusting and building encounters looks far too easy. :)

+ I can see this thread ending in flames.

Oh I just thought of another reason. I played Mr Shouty man (the warlord) in all his obnoxious shouty glory. and it was a thing of beauty. I never took a game less seriously and had so much fun in ages. It was like being 10 all over again. So yeah I know 4e succeded at making me feel like a kid again. And it was great.

Last edited:

Corjay

First Post
Well, the original poster asked not to snark, so let's make sure that those of us that like 4e don't snark back. The moderators can take care of the rest.

hectorse

Explorer
Threads like this are why I think I may need to just take a long break from ENWorld. People still have nothing better to do than try to skirt around the edition war thread ban with poorly disguised gloating.

This thread is what you want it to be, basically

beeflv30

First Post
I also look forward to prepping adventures. My players last session wanted to keep going until they leveled we ended up playing a good 9 hours last Monday and made it through KOTS. This edition has so many gems i feel like I am a new Dm. I have not felt this way since 2E.:cool:

Remove ads