You Know You Raised Your Kids Right When..

Sacrosanct

Legend
This conversation happens:

Me: "Hey, you can join Chris's campain if you want on Friday."
My son: "Cool, I already rolled up my character. Half orc fighter."
Did you use array, or point buy?
Nah, I rolled 4d6.
Hmm...Chris may want you to use the other ways when he sees your character sheet.
Well, I rolled two 14s, a 12, 10, 9, and 7. Why would I have to change that?
Well, a lot of times when someone rolls their stats alone, they always seem to end up with a bunch of super high rolls not mathematically plausible. But I think you're safe lol. Thanks for having integrity :)
That's weird. I mean, it's more fun to end up surprised with a low roll somewhere. It makes things interesting.

A proud parent moment :lol:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's OK. Every kid learns how to powergame and optimize at their own pace. He'll get there. :)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
<80s PSA>

Scene: Dad walks in on son sitting at desk rolling dice, with a copy of Unearthed Arcana next to him. The kid is filling out a character sheet with "Paladin" written boldly at the top.

Dad: "Who got you this stuff? Who taught you how to use this stuff?!"

Son: "You, all right!? I learned it by watching you!"

<end PSA>

akr71

Hero
[MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] LOL! Any chance he was just yanking your chain for a reaction? My daughter delights in telling me about the antics of her group - a tabaxi, a couple kenku and an aarakocra just because she knows I hate furries and anthropomorphic animal characters. I mean, I barely tolerate tieflings and dragonborn and then she pulls that crap on me!!

Remove ads