You might be a Fantasy Heartbreaker...

If armour gives DR and doesn't make your harder to hit, and you consider this worth mentioning, you might be a fantasy heartbreaker.

If "more realistic" is used more than once in the description of your game system, you might be a fantasy heartbreaker.

Crothian

First Post
If you say that your game is like D&D but better (or any other popular fantasy game), you might be a fantasy heartbreaker.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Oh, goodie, a hate thread. I think the mods said some time ago that purely negative threads were out of bounds. So, ibtl?

Nevertheless, here's a link to the article written to describe the actual coining of the term rather than just a series of pot shots against fantasy RPGs not to someone's particular liking.

The Forge :: Fantasy Heartbreakers

Oh, goodie, a hate thread. I think the mods said some time ago that purely negative threads were out of bounds. So, ibtl?
I genuinely thought the smilie was unnecessary. The fact that it takes the format of a stand-up comedy routine should provide all the information about the intent that you need. I should have known better! :p;):lol::eek:

So, to be clear...THERE'S NOT ONE THING WRONG WITH FANTASY HEARTBREAKERS. MANY OF THEM ARE QUITE GOOD. BUT RPG'S ARE NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS AND WE CAN LAUGH AT OURSELVES SOMETIMES.

Lord knows I've written my share of fantasy heartbreakers over the years. So, if it's okay with you, can some of us carry on now with having our little laughs about games where you pretend to be elves?

Remove ads