Your Dicebag and You. What makes a perfect Dicebag

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
I am in the market for an actual dicebag and I've been searching game stores and online sources for a good bag. I know a lot of people use Crown Royal bags and then theres leather ones and chainmail ones but I cant make up my mind. If you were looking to buy or make a new dicebag, what features would you look for and what would you think would make the perfect dicebag?

I'd love to hear from the community what they think.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Well, my current dice bag is one of the Dungeons & Dragons bags that came with the set WotC released a year or so back. I the same bag comes with the 'new' dice set they sell. I like it for the D&D logo.

If I were to buy a new bag, and I am considering it, it would llikely be one of Chaosiums Cthulhu themed bags to match the Cthulhu dice that I use.

Irda Ranger

First Post
If you were looking to buy or make a new dicebag, what features would you look for and what would you think would make the perfect dicebag?
Big. I have lots of dice.

Light. Dice are heavy enough. No leather or chainmail.

Quiet. Doubly no chainmail.

A good cinch mechanism. You don't want to lose dice. Many of the drawstrings and such are actually lousy for this, particularly leather ones. I got a really nice bag some years ago but the string is too smooth (it's silk) and doesn't hold a knot.

A circular base. This is a personal taste, but I like my dice bag to sit on the table open without flopping over. For that it needs a real "bottom piece", like the base of a column.

I think wine bottle bags are an excellent choice for repurposing as dice bags. Here's an example, which even a Michigan grad would have to admit meets my above listed criteria.

Remathilis

Legend
CrownRoyalBag.jpg

Except no substitutes.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I actually don't like dicebags - I prefer using a small Tupperware container, because I can get the dice I want out of it much more easily. I also have it packed to the gills, so it rattles much less than a bag.

Jasperak

Adventurer
I went with a small Plano Tackle Box I bought at Target for a couple bucks.

It's just about perfect for sorting & storing dice. :)

:eek: You segregate your dice. I tried that once. My d12s cried because they never got any action and they couldn't talk to any of the others. My first barbarian had less hit points than the rogue. He didn't last long. They are happier now that everyone is back in general population, but they still seem sad. Maybe my next fighter will use a great axe. Don't segregate your dice :)

Remove ads