Your Dicebag and You. What makes a perfect Dicebag

I use an old fashioned money deposit bag. it is 8x4 inches in size, strong and tight cinch cord on top and thick and durable canvas. If required, it can sit upright.

I also sometimes use a tupperware that I also bring my pens/pencils and note stuff in. This is more for Cons and away games.

i

KB9JMQ

First Post
Well I have a Bag O Holding that I got at GenCon which has several side pockets holding segregated die and a main center with all my misc dice and whatever set I am currently using.

I also have a 5 gallon bucket for people to dig thru when they forget theirs or don't own any yet.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I think the best ones out there are the Starwind Design embroidered bags that can be purchaced at Gen Con. The bags are top quality and they have dozens of embrodery designs to choose from.

That being said my best dice are still in the cheap bag from the Pool of Radience Deluxe PC game (which is also where my 3.0 PHB came from). The dice roll really well and I don't want to risk ruining them by moving them from thier home. (The game may not be good but the dice are excelent.)

Then there is another player that uses a nylon sleeping-bag bag. Sadly this really is a dice bag that actually is about 1/3 full of dice. He regularly bought bowls of assorted dice from Chessex and soon needed somewhere to put them.

Asmor

First Post
A long time ago I recall seeing a really cool dicebag. I don't remember if it was in Dragon, online, or what.

But picture this: Take a normal dicebag, and make it so that it can be opened to the point of laying flat. Then add pockets to the inside of the dice bag, so that you've got the bag itself and then several sub-compartments there-in. Finally, the bag may be reversed, leaving the pockets around the outside.

Doesn't seem particularly functional to me, but it's really freaking cool. Wish I'd gotten one of those. :/

I have two dice "bags." My main dice bag is a small black velvet bag with a silky red interior and red braided draw string with tassles. I keep all my dice which are red or blue in this bag, my personal "color scheme."

My other "bag" (hence the mysterious quotes) is actually a box; a large d6 about 6 inches on a side, with a hinged, magnetically-sealed top. I keep all my other dice in there as table dice.

Anyone may use the table dice, no one else may touch my dice!

I used to keep all my dice in a much larger, light-tan leather bag with leather drawstrings and a small dragon printed in black ink on the front, which I affectionately called "The Goat-Scrot." However, when I decided to downsize to just my favorite dice, I put the goat-scrot away. It was a great bag, served me faithfully for many years, held a king's ransom in polyhedral dice, and the natural friction of leather-on-leather meant the draw-strings kept the thing closed very securely.

Asmor

First Post
Well I have a Bag O Holding that I got at GenCon which has several side pockets holding segregated die and a main center with all my misc dice and whatever set I am currently using.

Ha! I should have read the second page before posting! Thanks for that, I've been wondering what that thing was called and if it was still being made...

I made my own.
dice_bags.jpg

Making Dice Bags

Remove ads