Your Dicebag and You. What makes a perfect Dicebag

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I've used the Crown Royal bags over the years, which is funny since I don't drink. Always had to bum them off of someone. Problem is, I got too many dice for one bag to contain.

So I now have two different plastic boxes I carry with me. They're craft containers, usable for cross-stitching or other crafts. Each compartment can hold a set of dice. I also have compartments used for random dice. This keeps me organized.

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
My primary dicebag, which holds my most beautiful dice that I play with all the time, is a drug bag. I'm not actually certain of its original intended purpose, but my guess is pencil case.

Picture a soft rectangle made of fuzzy green fabric sort of the size and shape of a VHS tape, with a zipper running all along the narrow side.

I like it cuz it's nice and big, and when fully unzippered, allows the dice to sit out where I can easily sort through them without dumping the bag. Between sessions it also holds my small calculator, my pencils, my laser pointer and any other tiny props I need.

Janx

Hero
I use the pouch me mum made me when I started in '90. Top of a leather welding glove (they have long gauntlets). Chop it off, sew up the bottom, run a leather lace through it for a cinch. Same plan as using a pantleg.

Been holding me dice for nearly 20 years.

I only keep 1-2 sets of dice in it. I never really got into buying dice. I still use the set of red gem's I bought from the Armory when I started. Only had to replace the d20, which the original died when it stopped rolling well during a game. I think my GM still has the pieces. The new one hasn't given me any problems.

I also have a leather pencil case, done like a scroll case. And a leather book cover that holds 2 books (DMG+PH), such that it looks like an old tome.

I need to make a map-case, to hold game maps and other hand-outs. Me mum's past on about 8 years, so she not be makin any more gaming accessories.

My GM one year for x-mas made us all PC tokens out of deer antler (he owns a deer farm). Those are cool.

I like home-made gaming tools. except dice, cuz those are usually crooked.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
That is something I haven't made in a long time. Take an old pair of jeans that are worn out and cut the leg off and sew up the top and used the hemmed up bottom as the opening of the bag. Just tie a cord around it to close it.

In the early 90s my grandma (who passed away three weeks ago :(), made me TWO dice bags from a pair of corduroys she was cutting and hemming into shorts for me. I put one away and used the first one for about 10 years until it finally got too threadbare and dirty, at which point I switched to the second and threw out the first.

The second one has now been in use for nearly another 10 years, but is luckily holding up better because I travel with it less and use it less than I did back in the college days, but still it is showing wear and I've had to change the laces used to cinch it at least once. . . I am going to be sad the day I have to replace it with something she didn't make.

Shadowmantis

First Post
DiceBag.jpg

Protagonist

First Post
I actually don't like dicebags - I prefer using a small Tupperware container, because I can get the dice I want out of it much more easily. I also have it packed to the gills, so it rattles much less than a bag.

That's what I use, but I would love to have something similar to a coin dispenser for dice types

eurocoinmanager.gif

So you could have a tube for d4s, one for d6s etc. and get a die of the appropriate type whenever you need it.

Thorfin

First Post
...a pair of corduroys she was cutting and hemming into shorts for me...

Oh gods!... those memories were buried so deep. Why? Why did you have to give them life again? *shudder* ...homemade corduroy shorts... *shudder* ...blue... *shudder*

Umm... anyway, CR bag here as well. It's just seems like the right thing to do.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, and I also have a wooden cigar box full of "take 'em if you want 'em" dice that I offer to newbies and those who forget/lose their dice.

Oh gods!... those memories were buried so deep. Why? Why did you have to give them life again? *shudder* ...homemade corduroy shorts... *shudder* ...blue... *shudder*

Huh? I don't get it. . . I'd still wear those shorts if they hadn't been worn out years ago.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I use the dice bag my fiance made for me. Blue cloth with my favorite japanese kanji character on the front, light blue velvet inner lining, and thick cloth drawstring. It doesn't perfectly seal, but i still consider it perfect. :)

Darkwolf71

First Post
In the early 90s my grandma (who passed away three weeks ago :(), made me TWO dice bags from a pair of corduroys she was cutting and hemming into shorts for me. I put one away and used the first one for about 10 years until it finally got too threadbare and dirty, at which point I switched to the second and threw out the first.

The second one has now been in use for nearly another 10 years, but is luckily holding up better because I travel with it less and use it less than I did back in the college days, but still it is showing wear and I've had to change the laces used to cinch it at least once. . . I am going to be sad the day I have to replace it with something she didn't make.
Aww, that's so awesome. I'm sorry for your loss. :.-(

Huh? I don't get it. . . I'd still wear those shorts if they had been worn out years ago.

But, um... some things should not be admitted in public. :eek:

Remove ads