D&D 5E Your First Reaction to the 5E Announcement

What was your first reaction to the 5E announcement? Choose the closest fit.

• "Hooray! New toys!"

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • "YES! FINALLY!"

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • "Hmm. That's interesting."

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • "Whatever. I play something else now."

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • "Oh no! What about 4E?"

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • "Aw man, not THIS crap again..."

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • "The NERVE of these people!"

Votes: 0 0.0%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It sucked that after gaming with one guy for nearly a decade, we were not gaming anymore because I wanted to try the new system (and was a bit discouraged with some of the old system elements) and he wanted to avoid the new system, so he moved to PathFinder to play a slightly better version of the 3.5 game that he had played for a long time (and for which a ton of his current books were compatible).

So you wanted to play a new game, and he didn't. And somehow that's WotC's fault? You got bored with 3.5 and because WotC had the audacity to offer you something new to play and you took it... you get to blame them that you and the guy don't play together? Sorry... but that's just not accepting personal responsibility.

You chose to abandon your friend and his Pathfinder game. No one forced you into it. You have no one to blame for the two of you not playing together but yourselves.

DonTadow

First Post
I was curious. I had just made a post a while ago that said that wotc's hemmroaging market share could be answered by supporting pathfinder with 4e material . I didnt think they'd have the grapefruit to announce a new edition

KarinsDad

Adventurer
So you wanted to play a new game, and he didn't. And somehow that's WotC's fault? You got bored with 3.5 and because WotC had the audacity to offer you something new to play and you took it... you get to blame them that you and the guy don't play together? Sorry... but that's just not accepting personal responsibility.

You chose to abandon your friend and his Pathfinder game. No one forced you into it. You have no one to blame for the two of you not playing together but yourselves.

Whatever dude. All 6 of the gamers moved to 4E. After a few months, 2 went to PathFinder. 4 continued with 4E. I had a choice as to which group to go with and there was no perfect decision. Your holier than thou armchair analysis not withstanding, you don't know crap about it. I'll stick with my first impression of 5E based on what happened in my gaming group with 4E. I really don't care about your screwed up opinion of it.

Roland55

First Post
A 50/50 mix of 'Yes! Finally!' and 'Oh no, what about 4e [players]?'

Followed by a reaction not on the poll: 'What if it's already too late to save D&D?'

I would be hard pressed to say that I care about 4e the game, but, having been one of the 3.X folks that WotC tried to leave behind, I am more concerned with the players.

I really hope that they do not try to do to 4e what they tried to do to 3.X.

The Auld Grump

Careful.

People are going to start calling you TheAuldSoftie!;)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Wow...over a hundred votes, and not a single "angry" vote. You guys rock!

I bet that would change in a heartbeat if they decide to name it "Dungeons & Dragons: The Golden Wyvren Adept Edition." ;)

Remove ads