• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Gas Price

Jamdin

Explorer
A gallon of unleaded gas in southcentral Kansas was $2.89 this morning. I found that out when I was taking my daily walk in the neighborhood.

JimAde

First Post
daBooj said:
DonTadow! look at this site (www.tdiclub.com) before you get your hybrid for christmas. Yeah, we're fanatics over there, but we have great little cars that out preform hybrids hands down. Have a look at them before you buy!

AND you can burn biodiesel in them. Hybrids are cool (and I'll probably end up with one) but I love the idea of powering my car with grease from the local fast food joint. :)

What I actually want is a battery-electric car, but I just don't have the money or time to convert one.

nerfherder

Explorer
Pielorinho said:
Oh, I have--I'm guessing YOU'Ve never travelled on American railways before :).
Actually, I have - lol! Why is it that as soon as you make an assumption about someone, you are guaranteed to be wrong? :D

It was on Long Island, from Stony Brook to NYC and was as slow as hell!

Bitching about the trains is a British pastime. I can actually get into the nearest big city in 13 minutes on the train, just not at a convenient time, or reliably.

I've also driven from Stony Brook NY to Tampa FL in 22 hours (sharing with another driver). Interstate + cruise control + not too much traffic = very easy drive.

Cheers,
Liam

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
$3.10 for regular, here on Vashon Island, Washington, about two weeks ago, when I last checked. It's gone up, but I don't know how much.

We've had the highest gas prices in the continental US for quite some time. The only place in the US, period, that's higher, as far as I know, is Hawaii.

Long story short, it's because we're a sizable island, and yet we lack any comercial docks of any kind, so the gas has to come over the ferry...oh yeah, and a lot of people drive SUVs, so the demand is especially high.

Most people who commute get their gas on the mainland, for about thirty cents cheaper to the gallon.

Finster

First Post
I work in a sign shop. I haven't been outside today to see what the price is exactly, but...A guy who owns a chain of gas stations just came in and ordered a huge lot of the number 3. These are for the signs in front of his gas stations.

Mod_Bod

First Post
Your gas price

Our price in Ottawa, Ontario is 1.255 CDN$/L in some places... which amounts to 4.751 CDN$/gal. Taking the Canadian conversion rate at 0.84098 US$, the final result at the pump is 3.995 US$/gal. YIKES! :confused:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Well, we've been a bit spoiled here in the south, with 87 octane going for around $2.40-ish a gallon.

Until hurricane Katrina. The day it hit, most stations had jacked their prices up to the $2.70-ish range, with $3.00 and more hitting now, with no near end in sight. And me buying gas to fill the tiny little generator that is powering my neighbor and my refridgerator until the power gets restored hopefully by the end of the week. Good news is that at least I live far enough away from the gulf coast that we only got the bad winds and a few tornados. God help the poor folks just a few hours south of me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads