Your most anticipated games of 2016?

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Desrimal

Explorer
Call of Cthulhu 7th ed. (I know the pdfs are out - but I'm patiently waiting for the BOOKS)
DCC Lankhmar could turn out to be an awesome game as well

Chaosium had financial problems, and The Design Mechanism came in with the cash that probably stopped them folding. There's been a bit of a shuffle, so Chaosium will be publishing Runequest again with a specifically Gloranthan edition (reputedly to be based more on BRP) while TDM will carry on publishing RQ6 but with a different name and with the "Mythic" series of supplements for it.

[MENTION=27252]TrippyHippy[/MENTION]
Isn't Glorantha's fiftieth anniversary this year? At least for published products. White Bear and Red Moon was 1975, iirc.
Actually, The Design Mechanism picked up their license from Issaries (Greg Stafford) so Chaosium weren't really in the equation at the time. When Greg Stafford came in to reclaim Chaosium's ownership in 2015, the knock on effect was that he sold the management/part ownership to Moon Design who then had rights to Glorantha, RuneQuest and Chaosium's back catalogue. As such, when The Design Mechanism's licence runs out halfway through the year, Chaosium will be releasing their own edition.

Glorantha, as a setting, will be 50 years old in 2016. Greg Stafford began working on it in 1966. However, the first published game was released by Chaosium in 1975 (White Bear and Red Moon) so last year was the 40th Anniversary of both Chaosium and that board game. RuneQuest was actually published in 1978, with the definitive 2nd edition released in either 1979 or 1980 depending on who you ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]
Note that the new Chaosium is called just 'RuneQuest'.

Runequest 6 was the Design Mechanism's version which will finish this year. There has been some confusion on which edition the new one will be - some say it's the 7th, but the Chaosium management have internally called it 4th (4th Chaosium edition). However, the official published name will just be 'RuneQuest'.

bigdrc

Villager
Torg,
O'le Wonderful Torg,
Its coming your Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Either that, or Papers and Paychecks. Savage Rifts too. Got to play a sample adventure that Sean ran at Ando Con. Really great game experience. Its got the feel and the flavor.

Yeah im looking forward to torg too - its the one system that i really seemed to like (and i loved the background to it too)

mrm1138

Explorer
As an addendum, if Chris Rutkowsky releases another volume of Awesome Powers for BASH! Ultimate Edition, that is also high on my list of anticipated releases.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads