Your most anticipated games of 2016?

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Mage the Awakening 2e
Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook in print.
Exalted 3e finalized in print (I really wish I'd been able to back the kickstarter for a deluxe offset-print book!)
Savage Worlds Rifts

Kickstarted but not yet delivered:
Blades in the Dark
Timewatch
The Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition
Malandros: tales from the streets of old Rio
Masks: A New Generation
Phoenix: Dawn Command
Alas Vegas

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
YES.
Also The Cosmic Handbook for mutants and Masterminds as a book as well as (probably) their collected Rogues gallery & Atlas of Freedom books.
The 3e Freedom City sourcebook is probably the next big book for M&M, but Green Ronin doesn't give release dates until the book is done and at the printer. All of these are supplements though, not new games.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I was moderately interested in the upcoming Sentinels of the Multiverse RPG until I read that it was going to use the Fate Core system, which I have learned game from Fudge. This is mostly an "I only like specialty dice with more (or fewer) sides, and sometimes just as a novelty" thing. Would I have fun with such a system? I don't know. What I do know is I don't want to have to get special system specific dice to find out. I'm much more likely to do my own SotM RPG using systems I already have or learning HERO.

It's also the 30th Anniversary of Steve Jackson's GURPS, although I'm not sure of their plans. There will be a new version of The Discworld RPG (Terry Pratchett), though.

JoeCrow

Explorer
Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition, and (fingers crossed so hard they're turning blue) Scion 2nd Edition. (edit for) Oh hey, and Zweihander and Delta Green, too!

Last edited by a moderator:

I was moderately interested in the upcoming Sentinels of the Multiverse RPG until I read that it was going to use the Fate Core system, which I have learned game from Fudge. This is mostly an "I only like specialty dice with more (or fewer) sides, and sometimes just as a novelty" thing. Would I have fun with such a system? I don't know. What I do know is I don't want to have to get special system specific dice to find out. I'm much more likely to do my own SotM RPG using systems I already have or learning HERO.

Everything I've seen about the game suggest it will use a brand new system, inspired by Fate insomuch that they both have a narrative bent. From what I recall, it has a die pool mechanic using various standard polydice, not fudge dice.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads