Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

Zardnaar

Legend
That looks like it might be good. No noodles, mayo, or anything else barbaric. I am also not shocked that you have some edible ones. :)

"American beer" Oh, so should we be judging NZ by Lion Nathan, DB, or Tui maybe? ;)

Lion Nathan has some good product. They bought out Mac's and Emersons beer and didn't change them.

Tui is terrible it's worse than Bud. DM mostly rubbish their best beer (Tuatara, Monteith's is drinkable).

There's a reason I drink European macro beers over most NZ brands. We can get American style pizza here it's mostly pointless though.

Can't find Chicago style pizza though.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Ya'll, last night I had one of the best pizzas of my life.

Thin crust.
Tangy marinara.
Three cheese blend.
Topped with fresh, chopped basil and roasted garlic cloves.
Drizzled with EVOO.
Served with a cold pilsner.

So simple, so pure, so delicious. I'm not ashamed to say it: I wept.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Had a wonderful pizza this weekend. Thin, fluffy crust. Topped with cheese, and "spicy" salami and some chili oil. Baked in a wood-burning stone owen. Took very short time for it to bake. Delicious, but damn expensive.

The pizza bakers had basically industrial speed on it.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Had a wonderful pizza this weekend. Thin, fluffy crust. Topped with cheese, and "spicy" salami and some chili oil. Baked in a wood-burning stone owen. Took very short time for it to bake. Delicious, but damn expensive.

The pizza bakers had basically industrial speed on it.
Yes, wood-fired pizza ovens make lovely stuff. There's a restaurant near me called 900 Degrees which makes great ones. They're definitely pricier than your usual takeout fare, though.

Orius

Legend
looks at the topping list

What the HELL are you guys eating!?!

I am definitely not one for bizarre pizza toppings. Apples? Seafood? Potato? Ugh. And ketchup?! That is horribly lowbrow. Of course, there is that abomination known as pineapple, but I fully expected to see that on the list.

My three toppings of choice are sausage, meatballs, and extra cheese. Back when I worked at a local Pizza Hut (which just barely classifies as pizza), I'd make one of those up to eat during breaks when the meatballs were fresh. I'd cut the meatballs in eigths, mix in the sausage, and put it on a thin or stuffed crust. I'd put those hot red pepper flakes on the sauce first, it made the pizza nice and hot when it cooked. It also had the added benefit of keeping the waitresses away from the pizza or else they'd scarf it down while the shift manager and the cooks were busy working.

Generally, I like to go for the meat pizzas myself, though I prefer pig and cow over chicken. I don't like veggie pizzas, though I'll tolerate onions in moderation. The same with jalapenos, they have to be used in moderation or they overpower everything. Broccoli is great on a white pizza, and seriously, why was broccoli left off the list? Can't stand bell peppers at all, and you can still taste them if you pick them off.

I don't like the idea of fruit on a pizza. First off, I don't like the mix of sweet and savory, and pizza already starts off the savory with cheese. Then if someone's doing something stupid like putting fruit with tomato sauce that just tastes revolting. Of course if you're doing a dessert pizza, then that's just a cheapo pie.

Remove ads