Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
And Keto Pizza, at least what I've tried so far, is a sin against Man and Nature.
I've had a couple of edible ones. But not only were they just edible, not good even, they also are so much work to make. Since most use cauliflower and cauliflower has tons of water in it you have to spend so much time and effort getting all that out before you really even start to make a pizza crust.

It's just not worth it.

A local pizza chain has a better take on the keto crust pizza.

Zardnaar

Legend
Since my Type 2 diagnosis I've been watching my carbs, so pizza has largely been out. Used to put away a whole medium pie and still be hungry, so I've gotten used to just being hungry all the time now ;)

And Keto Pizza, at least what I've tried so far, is a sin against Man and Nature.

I've cut back a lot on pizza was down to once a month or less. More the salt content diabetes hopefully won't be a problem as I cut suger out of most things years ago and eat oatmeal for breakfast. Pretty much only have it in desserts (rare), and canned fruit on breakfast . Barely eat candy, chocolates a rare treat no added suger to coffee or tea.

My niece git sick in USA eating their food. She ate a lot of crap but more or less similar stuff to here at Disneyland.

Last edited:

Michael Linke

Adventurer
Tricky, because my three favorite are Sausage, Pepperoni and Black Olive, but I wouldn't want sausage AND pepperoni on the same pizza. I'd want [Sausage|Pepperoni], black olives, green pepper, ideally. I would need to vote strategically based on what I know the group likes to ensure things work out.

Michael Linke

Adventurer
Feta is not a cheese, it is a briny deliciousness bestowed straight from Zeus to us mere mortal in order to zest up pizzas, omelets, salads, and breakfast cereals.
From the Legion avatar, to the Naked Lunch reference, to literally every stance you've taken on every thread I've encountered you in... is there anything we could EVER disagree on?

Michael Linke

Adventurer
See the original post, where I mention cheeses and sauces. ;)
Cheeses belong on this list. You might add feta crumbles to anotherwise "normal" pizza. It's also not-unheard-of to add blue cheese crumbles along with buffalo chicken (though many places will take the lazy route and squirt blue-cheese salad dressing).

Edit: also, buffalo chicken belongs on this list.

Ryujin

Legend
I've had a couple of edible ones. But not only were they just edible, not good even, they also are so much work to make. Since most use cauliflower and cauliflower has tons of water in it you have to spend so much time and effort getting all that out before you really even start to make a pizza crust.

It's just not worth it.

A local pizza chain has a better take on the keto crust pizza.

Tried a Keto pizza from a local chain. It might as well have been sitting in the sink, before going into the oven. It was a small that cost more than a regular medium. The last store bought crust I tried said to bake it first, before adding toppings, and it still came out soggy.

I've cut back a lot on pizza was down to once a month or less. More the salt content diabetes hopefully won't be a problem as I cut suger out of most things years ago and eat oatmeal for breakfast. Pretty much only have it in desserts (rare), and canned fruit on breakfast . Barely eat candy, chocolates a rare treat no added suger to coffee or tea.

My niece git sick in USA eating their food. She ate a lit of crap but more ir less similar stuff to here at Disneyland.
I used to love unsweetened orange juice, however, it concentrates the natural sugars and removed most of the roughage. Now I stick to apples and pears. No grapefruit, because it messes with one of my meds. for breakfast I'll have a no sugar added yogourt and some Fibre 1 cereal. Fibre 1 is the only thing that I could find that's whole grain, with zero added sugar.* I'm missing cheesecake so I'm likely going to be making one soon. My sister-in-law has a good Keto recipe that uses almond flour for the crust.

*EDIT - That doesn't taste like shredded cardboard.

Zardnaar

Legend
Tried a Keto pizza from a local chain. It might as well have been sitting in the sink, before going into the oven. It was a small that cost more than a regular medium. The last store bought crust I tried said to bake it first, before adding toppings, and it still came out soggy.

I used to love unsweetened orange juice, however, it concentrates the natural sugars and removed most of the roughage. Now I stick to apples and pears. No grapefruit, because it messes with one of my meds. for breakfast I'll have a no sugar added yogourt and some Fibre 1 cereal. Fibre 1 is the only thing that I could find that's whole grain, with zero added sugar.* I'm missing cheesecake so I'm likely going to be making one soon. My sister-in-law has a good Keto recipe that uses almond flour for the crust.

*EDIT - That doesn't taste like shredded cardboard.

Or default cereal here is weetbix. Generations of kiwi kids eat it.

Low in suger, fat, salt, taste. Ate it for 15 years growing up grandmother style with hot water and milk. War years changed the diet and that lasted until the 1980's.

American chains didn't turn up until the 70's and even then only in the "big" cities (we only had 4 with 100k+).

Pizza was an American thing you saw on TV growing up. Fish and chips was your fast food option a bit fancy was Chinese (from the fish and chip shop).

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Father in law discovered cheesy crust few weeks back went mad on it. We got sick of it and had fish and chips on Saturday night vs pizza.
20230429_184801.jpg
20230429_185853.jpg

Last pizza I had.

Since my Type 2 diagnosis I've been watching my carbs, so pizza has largely been out. Used to put away a whole medium pie and still be hungry, so I've gotten used to just being hungry all the time now ;)

For me it was celiac and crohns that did it. Haven't had a proper pizza since 2011

Ryujin

Legend
Or default cereal here is weetbix. Generations of kiwi kids eat it.

Low in suger, fat, salt, taste. Ate it for 15 years growing up grandmother style with hot water and milk. War years changed the diet and that lasted until the 1980's.

American chains didn't turn up until the 70's and even then only in the "big" cities (we only had 4 with 100k+).

Pizza was an American thing you saw on TV growing up. Fish and chips was your fast food option a bit fancy was Chinese (from the fish and chip shop).
The "low in taste" thing is what keeps me away from it. When I was willing to add sugar, I would eat the stuff.

Attachments

• 048d456e-6504-4cb9-b56f-03107b746e5d.4c6d979b0c959b3242fc21e63f4357c4.jpg
    048d456e-6504-4cb9-b56f-03107b746e5d.4c6d979b0c959b3242fc21e63f4357c4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 47

Remove ads