Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
@Snarf Zagyg , I agree completely: words do have meaning. The dictionary describes a pizza as a type of pie, and vice versa, so I'm confident I'm using the words properly. Besides. You can't tell me you've never heard a pizza referred to as a "pie" before.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
@Snarf Zagyg , I agree completely: words do have meaning. The dictionary describes a pizza as a type of pie, and vice versa, so I'm confident I'm using the words properly. Besides. You can't tell me you've never heard a pizza referred to as a "pie" before.

I will not bow down to your prescriptivist demands! I am a man of, by, and for the people!

And what do the people want? That's right, tasty pizza. And sweet, sweet pies. Not the twain mixing in unholy verbiage salad.

Not a soul among them would say, "Hey, I can't wait to have some of that sweet Pecan Pizza at the diner. Mmm... or maybe a slice of Pumpkin Pizza with some .... KEWL H-WHIP.*"

No. Of course not! Boundaries. Boundaries! Would you be so bold as to re-write Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?

Penny : He's a really good looking guy and I thought he was kind of cheesy at first.

Dr. Horrible : [under his breath] Trust your instincts.

Penny : But, he turned out to be totally sweet. Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface.

Dr. Horrible : And sometimes there's a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with a pizza?

NOOOOOO! Because that's not a pizza, that's a calzone. Madness, madness I say. I will not have the boots of the pizza pie pedants in my face for eternity.

Emphasizing-H.gif

Snarf Zagyg

No, hot dogs are sandwiches.

1. People like what they like. You can’t force someone to like something. You can expose them to a piece of work, but if they don’t like it, that’s the way it is. You can’t talk them out of it. This is the Hawaiian Pizza Principle.

2. A machine gun is not a robot.

3. A hotdog is not a sandwich.

4. Those who put in the work, get to choose first. That is to say, if you’re driving the car, you have priority when it comes to programming what music or words you listen to.

5. Bad planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

6. There are no demons lurking in wind produced by box fans or air conditioners.

7. If you are within 250 miles of a German waterpark that is housed in a former zeppelin factory, go to it. Do not not go to it.

8. You should pay for content. And if possible, pay for it in the way that the thing that you are paying for makes money and is asking you to pay for it.

9. Be mindful of the work you leave for others.

10. Tip everyone because they are all humans. None of them is garbage.

11. And you are not garbage, so do not eat out of the garbage, or put that garbage on your pizza. In New Zealand or any nation.

12. Respect the work that you’ve done, and believe that your content is worth paying for.

13. I mentioned that a hotdog is not a sandwich, I’ll put it here again.

14. Do not try to weasel out of common sense agreements using pedantry such as, “this party is on private property, so I can wear my fleecy crocs.” Or to say, perhaps “A hot dog is a sandwich because it is listed on the sandwich part of this one menu that I am sending to you on Instagram right now.”

15. Do not seek out disputes in life; you’ll have plenty of them. Don’t look for fights. Don’t especially look for fights to try to get a thread over 2000 comments. And especially especially don’t look for fights and disputes in your life because you are obsessed with always being right. Because the truth is, you are mostly wrong. We all are wrong, and especially you, Ryujin, right now.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I will not bow down to your prescriptivist demands! I am a man of, by, and for the people!

And what do the people want? That's right, tasty pizza. And sweet, sweet pies. Not the twain mixing in unholy verbiage salad.
Well now you're just arguing with the dictionary.

Get this. You speak of madness? You want to talk about unholy pie abominations? Buckle up, because I know people who...heck, I'm related to...people who put cheddar cheese on their apple pie. Deliberately, and with malice aforethought. It's the same sweet-savory overlap that you have described, but in reverse: they are putting savory ingredients in bone-fide desserts, on purpose.

1637695028724.png

oh, the humanity...

You all have inspired me to have pizza for lunch. And I'm going to try as hard as I can, within the confines of my local pizzaria's toppings menu, to order a pizza from the Shame Basement. I'll post the results here.

Snarf Zagyg

But...why!?

...it's a New England thing. Ideally, you pair it with a very sharp Vermont cheddar.

(I've heard that it might date back to Olde Englande, but that's probably not true).

You all have inspired me to have pizza for lunch. And I'm going to try as hard as I can, within the confines of my local pizzaria's toppings menu, to order a pizza from the Shame Basement. I'll post the results here.

And you are not garbage, so do not eat out of the garbage, or put that garbage on your pizza. In New Zealand or any nation.

Order a good pizza. Just because something exists, doesn't mean you have to fish it out of the garbage and throw it on your pizza. No matter what those Kiwis tell you.

Ryujin

Legend
If a hot dog is not a sandwich because the wiener is placed within a cut in the bread, rather than being between two separate pieces of bread, then a sub "sandwich" purchased at the restaurant chain Subway is not a sandwich for the same reason ;)

Snarf Zagyg

If a hot dog is not a sandwich because the wiener is placed within a cut in the bread, rather than being between two separate pieces of bread, then a sub "sandwich" purchased at the restaurant chain Subway is not a sandwich for the same reason ;)

Close, but not quite.

A sub purchased from the restaurant chain Subway is not a sandwich because I am not entirely sure it qualifies as "food."

Mercurius

Legend
I usually make my own, crust and sauce, although I leave the cheese to the cheesemakers.

One favorite, of both my daughter and myself is:

Pesto sauce + fresh mozzarella, parmesan, and boursin + asparagus, green olives, broccoli, onion, green peppers + red chili flakes and black pepper.

For a more traditional red sauce pizza, I love spicy italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives, garlic and basil leaves.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases