• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Your Thoughts on Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle

Sir Brennen

Legend
The scene with the "dworcs" had Chris Perkins written all over it, and I did crack a smile, but it was so ridiculous and left us scratching our heads: What in the hell does this bit of randomness have to do with anything? Despite our guide being a hard-ass about killing the "dworcs" I managed to conduct trade for intelligence in peace.
The dworcs have a very important piece of the puzzle, actually. My players missed it at first, also peaceably dealing with them on their initial encounter. The dworcs seemed oddly nervous about something throughout, at least when they're remembered to be nervous.

It was only after they spoke with a higher up in the lizardfolk that was willing to parlay did they decide it was important enough to trek half a day back through the swamp to the dworcs to get it. This time they tried to use stealth, hoping to get in and out without being seen, but things quickly went pear-shaped in a hilarious fashion.

My group is just starting the second main adventure now, having done most of the initial role-playng and intelligence gathering bits of it. I've made them all aware of the railroad nature of the game, but everyone seems to be having fun so far. The fights have been a bit on the easy side, though a DC 10 Strength (Climb) up a waterfall seemed ridiculously difficult due to bad rolls, and got one character washed away downstream from the rest of the party.

Remove ads