Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment IC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jorge inspected the wound. The slice went deeper than skin and into the fat layer; he could see the white tissue when he lifted the thick flap of skin. The wound quickly refilled with blood, and rinsing it out in the sink stung like a bitch. When finished, Jorge knelt down and looked more closely at the shards of the star shaped break in the tile. The one he'd pried had a thin slick of blood on it. Jorge also thought he could see something else. In the dark of his shadow, he thought he could see a shimmer of violet the shade of an electric arc. The color formed a faint nimbus right on the broken edges of the tile. On his knees and looking closely, Jorge's exhaled breath passed over the tile edges and for a moment the nimbus grew brighter, then faded away. No amount of blowing on them brought it back.

"I didn't know i had fat there" he muses out loud. He looks around for something to probe with, metal or even pieces of ceramic. He finds (*fill in the blank here*) and moves it accross the area of the violent violet nimbus of light to see if it get cut.

Helfdan

First Post
Joe shakes his head in disbelief. He then moves to the nearest official vehicle (whether his ambulance or a cop car) and attempts to use the radio to call for back-up.

Yttermayn

First Post
The currently playing song nearing its end, Billy allows the phone to ring twice more and then he answers it on the air: "Hey, Fellow Baby, you got the Rock Doc Jock on the Block! Tell the Doctor now, where does it hurt?"

"Billy! Is this really you?! You won't believe this :):):):)! I mean, I don't believe it, and I just ripped a bong load! This has got to be some massive prank or something, 'cause... man! There was this big noise, and, like, I went outside, and like somebody painted everything on one side of my street a different color than the other side! They even did my car! And... Holy :):):):)! They :):):):)ing cut my car in half and re-welded it together or something man! But they did it wrong, like an inch off or some :):):):)! Far out! I should be totally pissed but this is too weird!"

Jorge found Padre' Arentson's straight razor folded up on the sink. He unfolded it and got back down on the shower stall floor to investigate the the strangeness there again. Jorge probed with the dull back edge of the razor, and a very short curl of hardened steel came up where the blade had slid along the sharp edge of the tile. The tile's ceramic edge seemed to dull quickly whenever it came into contact with other matter, and further experimentation on other places along the edge confirmed it. "Is everything all right?" The Padre's concerned voice came through the bathroom door.

Joe slipped into the familiar driver's seat and was surprised to find it adjusted for a shorter man. 'When did Roman have time to adjust the seat, and why, for :):):):)s sake?' The thought came and went in the time it took Joe to grab the mike. The radio was eerily silent. He would have expected a great deal of chatter after the event that just happened. Joe adjusted the squelch to make sure it hadn't been bumped and the radio wasn't just ignoring transmissions. With only a small adjustment, the radio blasted static out at him. Nothing intelligible came out of the speakers, but for a strange, mechanical sound. It had some rythmic properties, and it changed every few seconds. One moment it sounded like some machine generated flatulence, the next like audio feedback, then some mid-range fluttering noises that sounded for all the world like a down-shifted bird call with a vibrato effect.

Scott DeWar

"eh, mas o menos, padre. I cut myself on a piece of broken tile I think. " He quickly folds the straight razor and puts it away as quiet as possible. He wraps a towel around himself and then tries to put a band aid on it.

(ooc)Request for clarification:
Jorge' used the back of the straight razor to probe on the sharp edge of the ceramic and was rewarded with a sliver of steel. Where the steel was cut by the ceramic tile. the tile was easily dulled, Right?

I am trying to picture what was seen. the "shift" sliced the ceramic on the floor so cleanly that it left a proverbial mono-molecular edge that , though sharp, was not strong enough to maintain an edge against the steel. Right?

I am also still trying to understand the green glow, was it like a dying ember, though instead of being red it was green?(/ooc)

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

"Billy! Is this really you?! You won't believe this :):):):)! I mean, I don't believe it, and I just ripped a bong load! This has got to be some massive prank or something, 'cause... man! There was this big noise, and, like, I went outside, and like somebody painted everything on one side of my street a different color than the other side! They even did my car! And... Holy :):):):)! They :):):):)ing cut my car in half and re-welded it together or something man! But they did it wrong, like an inch off or some :):):):)! Far out! I should be totally pissed but this is too weird!"
Milliseconds before the caller starts talking about illegal drugs, Billy has a premonition of same (from his stoned voice no doubt) and shuts off the live feed, starting another song as he does so, thankfully sparing the listeners from the ample profanity as a total bonus. "Paint? Are you sure that's all it is? And I'm not quite sure I understand about your car. I mean, if they were going to go to all the trouble to cut it in half, why bother to re-weld it? Are you able to get a response from the police out where you are? If you can, I recommend you fill them in immediately. Oh, hey, next time when you think your call might be broadcast on the radio, I'd suggest that you not mention anything illegal and use language that's a little less salty. FCC and all that, you know."

Helfdan

First Post
Joe shakes his head in consternation. He turns the regular radio on, to see if any stations are active. At the same time, he pulls out his cell phone and dials 911.

Yttermayn

First Post
Jorge finds a first aid kit of questionable expiry and pulls out some band-aids and a small brown bottle with a faded, wrinkled label marked 'Tincture of Iodine'. The bandages are still sealed in the waxed paper and seem unaffected by moisture.

"Oh! Sorry bro!" the caller said. "It's cool, I didn't mean to get you in trouble with The Man. No, dude, I'm outside now looking at it, and the two halves are stuck together. I don't know how the :):):):) they did it, but the edges are clea- :):):):) I"M BLEEDING!" There's a loud, sharp clattering sound and Billy yanks the phone away reflexively. He puts the phone back to his ear and hears some more muffled profanity and footsteps moving away quickly.

Joe flips on the radio to find that Roman's favorite station is already tuned in. There are several seconds of silence, then someone at the station apparently flipped a switch and a fuzzy sounding phone call was broadcast. "Billy! Is this really you?! You won't believe this :):):):)! I mean, I don't believe it, and I just-" The phone call is cut off and after a hesitation, 'The Girl From Ipanema' starts playing. It takes Joe a moment to realize that there's no sound in his cell's ear piece. He pulls the phone away to look at the screen. 'Signal Lost' shows prominantly, and no bars are displayed on the signal strength icon.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

"Oh! Sorry bro!" the caller said. "It's cool, I didn't mean to get you in trouble with The Man. No, dude, I'm outside now looking at it, and the two halves are stuck together. I don't know how the :):):):) they did it, but the edges are clea- :):):):) I"M BLEEDING!" There's a loud, sharp clattering sound and Billy yanks the phone away reflexively. He puts the phone back to his ear and hears some more muffled profanity and footsteps moving away quickly.
Billy's jaw hits the floor. "Tommy? Remember how you've been wanting to fill in for me sometime -- you know? Your BIG BREAK and all that stuff? Well, today is your lucky day, My Man! I've got to go try to find out what in he** is going on around this place, right now! So......that leaves you. If the Boss peeps his beady little eyes in here, tell him I'm letting you do this for .... I don't know, a work-study credit or something, but that I'm monitoring you and I'll be back soon. If he gives you much flack, just tell him that I told you to say that he wouldn't want me to have a nice, long talk with his wife, and that should shut him up. I'll be back as soon as I can, really, but this could get hairy on me, so if it does, just let me say it's been a real pleasure working with you, Tommy." With that, Billy collects the backpack that he keeps at the station (containing two changes of clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, roll of toilet paper, 2 bottles of water, 4 Snickers bars, a hammer, a multi-tool screwdriver/ratchet, a flashlight, and a spare set of batteries, he gets in his truck and heads for the place where the caller was. He has no clue what he's about to find, but he thinks, "Damn, this sh** has got to be seen. Bottom freakin' line, dude."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Jorge' tends his wound and the wraps the towel around him self. he exits and sees the Padre.

"Be careful, there is a sharp tile on the floor. You may want to leave it to be for now. u can fiux it later. I need to get dressed. I feel much better now.

Helfdan

First Post
Joe exits the ambulance and takes up Roman in a fireman's carry. He puts his partner in the back of the ambulance. Hearing Roman blab so much about the station, Joe was pretty sure he knew where it broadcasted from. As it seems to be the only sign of life, he intends to drive there. He takes a deep breath before turning the key in the ignition.

Remove ads