Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment IC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Not sure, Padre. I did feel it too, though. " the lurching of reality proves more then he can handle. Grabbing the bedpan he heaves all that he had: bile and a bit of water. When done he realizes he needs cleaning up so he prepares to go to get cleaned up. his very movement treatening to return him to a position hovering over the bedpan again.

As he slide off the bed a thought strikes him, 'I hope i have clothes on . . . '

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Tommy seemed disappointed. "Breakfast of vodka and cigarettes? No thanks mister Saturn. I..." Tommy didn't get to finish his sentence. His eyes rolled up inside his skull and he fell over in a dead faint. Billy had just enough time for the event to register in his brain before he too succumbed.
Billy awoke having some sense of time having passed. Tommy was on the floor near him, moving slightly. Billy noticed everyone else in the office in a similar state.

Yttermayn

First Post
Joe continues 'bagging' the patient and checking on his pulse and heart monitor as Roman works. He turns to the nearest cop. "So... why did they shoot the poor guy?"

"Witness says he heard a car drive away at high speed just after the he heard the gunfire." The officer did a sideways nod toward the witness, a man with a badly broken and reset jaw Joe had seen earlier. Joe could see the man still talking to another policeman out of the corner of his eye. "We haven't found any visual witnes..." The man suddenly vomited without warning, narrowly missing Joe with the spray. Joe felt a sudden, intense nausea overcome him and it was all he could do to try to keep his insides from becoming his outsides. There was a sharp 'CRACK!' like a close lighting strike and Joe fell into the the black abyss of unconsciousness.
Joe awoke some time later a bit bruised and scraped from where he fell on the asphalt. Looking around, he saw the other men also sprawled on the ground. Something felt very wrong to him as he tried to make his eyes focus better...

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Tommy seemed disappointed. "Breakfast of vodka and cigarettes? No thanks mister Saturn. I..." Tommy didn't get to finish his sentence. His eyes rolled up inside his skull and he fell over in a dead faint. Billy had just enough time for the event to register in his brain before he too succumbed.
Billy awoke having some sense of time having passed. Tommy was on the floor near him, moving slightly. Billy noticed everyone else in the office in a similar state.
"Tommy?" Billy asked, shaking the intern, "Tommy, you okay?" Having been reassured that Tommy was ok, since his eyes began to flutter open, Billy stands, then goes to the nearest window to have a look outside, to make sure everything looks the same as he remembered. "What the blazes....."

Helfdan

First Post
Joe looks around, somewhat stunned. "What the hell???" Wondering if he was shot, he checks his head for wounds. He looks for his fellow paramedic. "Roman? Are you alright, buddy?"

Yttermayn

First Post
Tommy roused a little and tried to push Billy away, weakly. Eyes still closed, he turned to his side and curled up into a fetal position. "Ooohhhhh... Fuuuuuuuuuck..." he groaned. Others in the office were having similar reactions, but Billy seemed much less affected. 'Handling all that weed and booze must have paid off.' The stray thought almost made him chuckle. It seemed that the others were in no immediate danger. Looking out the window, Billy saw nothing unusual at first. When his eyes adjusted for distance, multiple columns of dark smoke could be seen in the distance coming from town.

Jorge shed his mummy wrapping of sheets and padded barefoot to the bathroom in his skivies. He passed Arentson, who was covering his face with one hand and grabbing the bedpost with the other. The poor man seemed to be trying to stop the room from spinning with his death grip on the bed post. Feeling slightly better for having moved around a little, Jorge flipped the handle of the shower. Anticipation turned to disappointment when the torrent of hot water he'd expected was in reality a weak trickle.

Joe blinked and rubbed his eyes, willing them to focus. He probed his cranium for wounds he hoped he wouldn't find. Aside from a goose-egg where he presumably banged his head when he fell, there were none. Looking around, he spotted roman nearby, still apparently unconscious.

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Billy decided it was time to make someting happen. He struggles to his feet. "Come on, Tommy, you'll have to finish that wet dream some other time. We've got to get moving!" Billy helps the intern to his feet and helps him walk a bit, almost carrying him to a chair in the booth. Billy decides it's time to find out what's going on and he grabs the mic and says, Test, test. Hey all my fellow babies out there, I hope you're all still doing ok. If anybody knows what in this world just happened, I sure with someone would call me an clue me in, too! 742-ROCK, and I'm waiting to hear from you." Breaking from his usual, Billy spins a disc of "The Star Spangled Banner," and moves across the booth to check on Tommy. "Come on, Tommy, pull it together, man! I need for you to go check around the station and even outside and find me some clues to what just happened."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*shrug* "This will have to do" Padre, why don't you sit for a bit while i clean up?"

*edit: needed a bit more to this post*

jorge staggers to the shower, turning it on and letting the trickle of water do what ever it couod. It seemed the trickle slowed down and became more and more sparse. The young priest closed his eyes and re-watched what he saw at "the shift" . His mind's eye saw the elder priest. *drip drip drip* his eyes, *drip,. drip, . drip, .* his eye,* .. drip, . .drip, . . drip, . . drip, . .* it moved, *drip, . . . . drip, . . . . drip, . . . .* by it self,* ... drip ......... *shift!*

He heaved the dry heaves again and suddenly the water returned to its previous slow stream. the water on his face seemed to settle his stomach as he steadied himself in a corner.

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Tommy finally roused, nodded, and waved his hands at Billy, but still with his eyes closed. "I'm up. I'm up!" The gesture reminded Billy of the time he had had to get going to the station early one AM. He hadn't wanted to leave his previous evening hook-up Claudia- He was shocked he remembered her name- in his pad, so he had tried to wake her like a gentleman. When that didn't work he had braced his back against the wall and pushed her hung-over, naked body off of the bed and onto the cold floor. The meaty, wet slap was satisfying in a way Billy couldn't put words to, but he didn't think he'd be seeing Clauida again.
After mimicing some of Claudia's gestures, Tommy did finally open his eyes and lumbered off.
Jorge stared at the water swirling around on the tiles, waiting for his stomach to settle. It was strangely comforting, watching the flow of tiny suds meander their way to the old bronze drain grate in the floor. Many of the tiles had a crack through them, were miscolored and blotchy from mold or soap scum. One was perfect though. One tile out of perhaps four hundred. Jorge found himself drawn to it. He focused on it, and everything else went away. The one tile seemed huge and it filled Jorge's perception. Then, it fractured. The loud snapping sound brought Jorge back to himself in the shower. He could not find one perfect tile, but he did find one that bore a peculiar spider-web shaped pattern of cracks in it that he hadn't noticed before.
Joe stumbled over something in the pavement, but made it to Roman. His freind was breathing, but still clearly unconscious. Joe's first responder training took over, and he looked up to assess the situation and not just focus on one individual. The cops were also down, the rise and fall of their torsos said they were breathing, at least for now. Then Joe's eyes swept across the unknown shooting victim. Something looked very wrong with him.

Remove ads