• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Yttermayn

First Post
A very surprised Rosalia is suddenly engulfed in flames, searing her tender flesh. A fraction of a second later, a crossbow bolt pierces her arm. Had she not been fighting off flames, she would have noticed a sticky, white substance scraped on the edge of the hole the bolt's broadhead left in her armor.
Everyone else in the room can't possibly miss the sudden gout of flame in the north end of the room, and the slender, attractive figure currently in it. Rather than looking heartened, the kobolds seem to be even more wary when they notice the flames.

OOC: It is still Rosalia's turn, the trap sort of went off right at the start of her action and interrupted it, so go ahead. Also, roll me a pair of fortitude saves for the poison. ;)
John is up! Edit: I notice you haven't rolled yet for Rosalia's 2nd level HPs. Might be important right about now...

Init:
Mystery Attacker 25 (rnd2 surprise attack on Rosalia, hit)
Rosalia 22 -8hp (rnd1.5 On fire -4, hit by xbow -4, poisoned rolling fortitude save)
John 22 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k1 19 (rnd1 charge, miss Roderic)
Grok 15 (rnd1 kills k4)
Scrag 11 (rnd1 kills k1)
Roderic 8 -4hp (rnd1 miss k6)
Tuk 8 (rnd1 kills k5)
k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John looks about and waaaaay around scrag to find the next live kobold. it is lit up by the sudden appearance of the Rosalia shaped torch. He knows the threat seen is the one he can help with, though it pains him to see her in those disturbing flames.

he moves 15 feet to the North East and casts acid splash on the kobold located to Rodrick's north.

Ranged touch at -4 for shooting into melee combat. dex +2 BAB +1 for a net of -1

damage:1-2=1; 3-4=2; 5-6=3

damage = 3 points

Amaury

First Post
"Arrrgh! My hair!" screams Rosalia as she notices that some of her long hair are starting to burn.

She steps back in the main room and lays against the wall to take cover from any other attack. "I'm hit.." she says in a feeble voice.

Yttermayn

First Post
Rosalia takes a step back in the room and away from the burning entrance, patting herself out.
With a glance of concern, John Closes on the nearer threat and sends a hideous green globe of death into the face of a kobold. The acid melts away the creature's features rapidly. Scales give way to an angry red layer of tissue beneath, then a white layer of bone before the acid's power is spent. The creature falls, already partially liquified before the black putrefaction can take hold.

OOC: Since I probably didn't make it super clear in my last post, Rosalia is currently on fire and can take damage next round if it's not put out. I am assuming she takes a 5 foot step to cover and takes a full round to extinguish the flames. +50 for playing like the dirty little rogue we all know she is. ;)

Grok is up, and since his target is dead and Rosalia is hurt, I'm asking for a repost of actions for rnd 2. Edit: Also, Rosalia's taken str dmg from poison. Don't forget to update her character sheet with hit point roll, Amaury.

Init:
Rosalia 22 -8hp -4Str (rnd2 On fire -4, hit by xbow -4, poisoned rolling fortitude save, patting out flames-no dmg next rnd)
John 22 (rnd2 acid splash kills k2)
Grok 15 (rnd1 kills k4)
Scrag 11 (rnd1 kills k1)
Tuk 8 (rnd1 kills k5)
DEAD k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

[sblock=Map]
yttermayn-albums-misc-picture1645-battle.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Grok Half-Orc Cleric2, Heavy Mace +3/+2

Grok's Action Alteration:

Grok moves 20 feet forward (east) and attacks K3. If K3 is also dead by the time he gets there, he moves 15 feet east and 5 feet southeast and attacks K6.

Yttermayn

First Post
Grok moves in and swings at one of Roderic's attackers (victims?), but the nimble creature scampers out of the way.

OOC: Amaury: I've been tracking all XP here.
Scrag is up!

Init:
Rosalia 22 -8hp -4Str (rnd2 On fire -4, hit by xbow -4, poisoned rolling fortitude save, patting out flames-no dmg next rnd)
John 22 (rnd2 acid splash kills k2)
Grok 15 (rnd2 miss)
Scrag 11 (rnd1 kills k1)
Tuk 8 (rnd1 kills k5)
DEAD k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

[sblock=Map]
yttermayn-albums-misc-picture1646-battle.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scrag shrieks in anger when he sees Rosalia hurt and he charges the nearest kobold with great-axe in hand.

He feels more than just the normal battle rage, but a genuine feeling of righteous anger. Rosalia is like a sister to him. Or maybe more like a pet since she seems to need a lot of care and feeding and gets hurt a lot. Like humans see cats. Which is silly because trolls know that cats are food, not pets. Dumb, silly humans.

The flood of thoughts do nothing to deter the descent of a troll axe into a kobold cranium.

Helfdan

First Post
Roderic attacks the remaining kobold once more but the pain from his wound makes it hard to keep up with the swift-dodging little beast.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Step aside." corrects Tuk, as he pushes Roderic to a side, like a teacher with little patience. Tuk advances with determination, as always, and lashes out with his chain. The barbed rings warp around the last kobold's throat, and as Tuk pulls back, they strip the flesh out of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads