• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Leif

Adventurer
Grok Half-Orc Cleric2, Heavy Mace +3/+2

Grok continues to stand ready, brandishing his heavy mace and hoping someone, preferably someone who can see, will tell him what to do....

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: Scrag cannot see where the dwarf is, but can he see the mass of black goo? What is it doing?

OOC: Scrag can't see the tentacled horror, but everyone can hear it approaching now. It makes no effort to hide or move silently; it sounds rather like someone stirring a giant pot of macaroni and cheese, only louder. Everyone except for John and Rosalia are still enveloped in this region of darkness (there are two). John just caught a glimpse of the thing entering the second region where everyone else is. Rosalia is just outside the second region, opposite from John and ready to perforate the Grey Dwarf if he comes out.

+100xp to Roderic for using his head!

More OCC: Scrag knows the Grey Dwarf was adjacent to him just before it cast Darkness, but he also knows it may have moved. Do you want to hold your action until someone clues Scrag in? I will assume so unless you say otherwise.

Combining information from his detect evil with what he knows of the lay of the terrain and other subtle clues, Roderic gets a general idea of where the Grey Dwarf is now, just a step further away! Roderic also feels Scrag's unusual combat hesitation beside him. Apparently he's got no idea where to go...

Helfdan

First Post
Roderick closes the distance to the vile dwarf, making his blade ready.

((OOC:As detect evil is a standard action, all I can do is move))

"Scrag, he's just a pace in front of you!" As he speaks, the paladin wonders at the horrendous sounds behind them.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scrag growls, takes a five-foot step forward and cuts the air in front of him with a wide arc of his great-axe.

OOC: Subtracted 4 from attack roll due to swinging blind.

Yttermayn

First Post
Even though he some direction, Scrag isn't terribly surprised when his swing whistles through empty air.

OOC: Tuk is up!

Grok 23 (rnd5 talks, delay action)
Rosalia 22 -4Str (rnd5 moved, swapped weapons)
John 22 (rnd5 moved)
Grey Dwarf 12 -6hp (rnd5 5ft Step, miss)
Scrag 11 (rnd5 misses Grey Dwarf)
Roderic 8 -4hp (rnd5 detect evil, move, speak)
Tuk 8 -6hp (rnd4 double move)
Swarm 3 -4hp (rnd4 double move)
DEAD k1 19 (rnd1 charge, miss Roderic)
DEAD k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
DEAD k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
DEAD k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk takes a sheet from his pack, and reads it. He's not poetical, nor a passionate reader. but what he reads is enough to make the dwarf cover in pain. "I use my last attack roll, from the action I couldn't complete."

Leif

Adventurer

Grok takes 3 steps directly to his left, hoping that his sight miraculously will be restored.

OOC: Does it work? :D

Yttermayn

First Post
Tuk takes a sheet from his pack, and reads it. He's not poetical, nor a passionate reader. but what he reads is enough to make the dwarf cover in pain. "I use my last attack roll, from the action I couldn't complete."

OOC: Sorry, I missed that.

No one can see the cruel glee on Tuks face when he feels the tearing flesh on his chain, and the yelp of surprise and pain from his victim. The Dwarf's momentary loss of discipline, however, does give away his position to all. Drawn by the sounds of pain and smell of blood, the black mass heaves it's way towards the dwarf, but it runs into... Tuk! The thing lashes with it's tentacles, tearing at Tuk in the darkness. Grok moves along the wall and finds his way back to the dim illumination from the Grey Dwarf's cooking fire. After the absolute blackness of the Darkness spell, the room almost seems lit by daylight. He also finds Rosalia, who seems to have had the same idea as him. 'What will he do now?' he wonders.

OOC: Grok still has some move and a standard action left. He sees the edge of the dark region curving away from him, but nothing protrudes from it yet. Everyone knows about where the Grey Dwarf is, and the 20% concealment it gains is temporarily nullified until he moves again. Let's get Rose's action also. Tuk should roll two fortitude saves.

Grok 23 (rnd6 moves 15' south, delay action)
Rosalia 22 -4Str (rnd5 moved, swapped weapons)
John 22 (rnd5 moved)
Grey Dwarf 12 -12hp (rnd5 5ft Step, miss)
Scrag 11 (rnd5 misses Grey Dwarf)
Roderic 8 -4hp (rnd5 detect evil, move, speak)
Tuk 8 -12hp (rnd5 hit Grey Dwarf for 6)
Swarm 3 -4hp (rnd5 hit Tuk for 6)
DEAD k1 19 (rnd1 charge, miss Roderic)
DEAD k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
DEAD k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
DEAD k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: If Grok knows where the foe is, then is it within melee range? Could Grok rach melee range without re-entering the darkness? If he can do so, then he will, but I have a sense that he cannot, and in that case he will not deign to make a missile attack into the darkness for fear of damaging a friendly target.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads