• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Amaury

First Post
Rosalia remains with the same idea in mind: surprise the dwarf when he'll leave the Darkness zone or at least make his retreat difficult.

She therefore takes a position in front of what could be an exit option, rapier in hand and is glad to see Grok joining her in a slightly hesitant manner. "Where's the dwarf? Hey, what's that noise?" she wonders as both dwarves get hit by their opponent.

ooc: ready action

Yttermayn

First Post
"Magic seemed to hurt it before..." John thought as he lowered his staff grimly. With a great explosion of sound, a fiery beam blazed out of the rose-shaped ferule towards the black mass and gouged a burning crater into it. At the edge of the lighted area, John sees little motes of black stuff burning on the ground near the just-visible creature. To those inside the darkness, there is only noise and a stench of burning refuse.
Having had enough and slightly disoriented, the Grey Dwarf moves and suddenly finds itself coming out of the darkness. Rosalia and Grok are able to observe the dwarf's face change from confusion to surprise when his eyes scan across the two of them. It dosn't last long, however, and he drops his crossbow and quickly draws a shortsword, slashing out at Rosalia as part of the draw. The blade comes within only a few inches of any part of Rosalia, a total miss.

Scrag is up! (Unless Grok and Rosalia wanna use their held action. Hmm, I wonder?)

Grok 23 (rnd6 moves 15' south, delay action)
Rosalia 22 -4Str (rnd6 moved, delay action)
John 22 (rnd6 Use magic item)
Grey Dwarf 12 -12hp (rnd6 move, free:drop, free:quickdraw, miss)
Scrag 11 (rnd5 misses Grey Dwarf)
Roderic 8 -4hp (rnd5 detect evil, move, speak)
Tuk 8 -12hp (rnd5 hit Grey Dwarf for 6)
Swarm 3 -4hp (rnd5 hit Tuk for 6)
DEAD k1 19 (rnd1 charge, miss Roderic)
DEAD k2 7 (rnd1 hit Roderic for 4)
DEAD k3 7 (rnd1 miss)
DEAD k4 5
DEAD k5 4
DEAD k6 2 (rnd1 miss)

[sblock=Map]
yttermayn-albums-misc-picture1763-battle.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Grok Half-Orc Cleric2, Heavy Mace +3/+2

If the grey dwarf is either within melee range of Grok , which I gather that he is from the previous post, Grok shall smiteth him with all of his pent-up half-orcish anger and sexual frustration. [OOC: Gosh! Grok must've gotten laid during our lull and didn't even tell me!]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scrag was nearly in tears of frustration when he couldn't find the dwarf in the magical darkness. But the frustration disappears as soon as the gray dwarf comes into sight. Scrag closes the gap between them quickly, great-axe swinging in small semi-circles above his head as he cries out in ecstasy, "There little man is! Scrag so happyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: Please note I have added a map to my last post. I would've added it last night, but enworld went wonky just as I was uploading the new map. Frankly, I am very pleasantly surprised to find that my post made it at all. Anyhow, now that you can see where stuff is now, you may need to edit your replies. Grok will have to move 15' to stay in the light and be in melee range, due to Rosalia being between him and the dwarf. No one else beside Rosalia and Grok know he is out of the light now, unless they announce something on their turn. Sooo, Scrag's reaction can't happen... yet. Plus, he'll need to move before attacking.

Amaury

First Post
Ready action

Rosalia shouts as soon as the dwarf emerges out of the darkness zone. "here! He's here, just in front of me!"

She has no hesitation in firing her arrow at him. But the appearance of the dwarf seems to have unsettled the young woman as her shot goes wide.

She then steps back, drops her shortbow and draws her rapier.

ooc: I believe that she should be allowed to act first thanks to her ready action and thus not be a target as she retreats 5', no?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads