• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Leif

Adventurer
My mailbox has been screwy, too. I just went through and deleted all messages. I guess it must be a problem woth the system.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am still in!
You know what they say,
in for a
copper coin.jpg

in for a

british pound 002.jpg

Amaury

First Post
Sorry, I missed your post.

Yes, les Halles are town markets. They always existed in Europe. Usually they would be in open air but as towns developed in middle ages, they got covered by a roof. we have many examples still in France, and still used by farmers or resellers to put their stalls. Then over time, they got walled up. You got some examples in Paris or major cities.
Les Halles would also be used for retailers - and still are today - whereby you as a butcher or flower shop owner - you can come very early in the morning (4am) to buy your stock for the week or half the week. Usually there is one major Halles in a city to accomodate all these shops.
The one in your picture is more likely to be for end-users coming to do their shopping: veggies, fruits, meat, sometimes craft stuff.
Personally I find this far better than supermarkets...

Middle-ages ones still have nice features like statues or measuring fonts to check the weight and pay the good price.. (major issue in those days)..

Well, @Scotley, smash + trip+disarm is a three trick pony!

@Amury,
I was watching a movie, Mea Culpa (2014) and I saw something. Now all of the speech is in French as the setting is in France so I had to look up something I saw. The situatin is this Albanin mobster is chasing this ten year old bow and the boy runs into some place marked as "Halles Municipales" The screen shot being below:

View attachment 74747

inside it looked like this:

View attachment 74748

My question is this: Is this an indoor market for farm produce to be sold? If so, the closest to that is what we call a farmer's market. I am just curious.

Remove ads