• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yuan-Ti Adventures?

Huw

First Post
Dr Simon said:
It's called "Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assaathi". I don't know if Vigil Watch (besides being a tautology :eek: ) is the name of a series of 'race books' for Scarred Lands or if it is specific to this book - I picked it up as a free download from DrivethruRPG.

There's at least one other, for the ratmen.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Sir Falke

First Post
Also, there was this adventure for AD&D writen by Monte Cook: Labyrinth of Madness.
Not quite Yuan-Ti, but yes, it includes some corrupting serpent folk and an ever present evil force that turn anything into a scaled, serpent-like horror... It was for 15th level characters, so its power level is quite high.

For 3.X Serpent Kingdoms, as mentioned, is one of the best sources for al things Yuan-Ti.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Ssethregore is an amazing book for both snake-people and lizardmen. I'd even go so far as to say it's a notch above Serpent Kingdoms if you're not playing in the Forgotten Realms.

The PrCs/spells/feats are way better(both for DMs and players), the culture feels more fleshed-out(which may be because the author has been trained in herpetology), and the selection of reptilian bad guys is great (and includes some yuan-ti lookalikes that the snakemen use to infiltrate human and elven communities)

Ry

Explorer
Freeport's serpent people (mentioned above) are basically "Yuan-ti but we can't use the term Yuan-ti or their exact stats, so here's some yuan-ti that aren't exactly yuan-ti and here's some first level not-quite-Yuan-ti opponents."

Kunimatyu

First Post
rycanada said:
Freeport's serpent people (mentioned above) are basically "Yuan-ti but we can't use the term Yuan-ti or their exact stats, so here's some yuan-ti that aren't exactly yuan-ti and here's some first level not-quite-Yuan-ti opponents."

I didn't think that Freeport's snakemen had the whole various-percentages-of-snake-and-human thing, just the standard disguise self from casters when they want to appear human?

Li Shenron

Legend
The cheapest solution is to take ANY adventure you already own (but haven't run) and replace the creatures there with Yuan-Ti, eventually advanced with class levels or by HD if you need higher CR.

It really is that easy, because Yuan-Ti always seem to be quite mysterious beings whose real purposes are mostly unknown. So whether they are currently fostering a secret cult, poisoning a city well, creating undead or searching a lost artifact, it is always appropriate for them :D

Lilaxe

Explorer
I am sure the module that came with Book of Vile Darkness (or at least the BoVD module that came in Dungeon) was focused on the Yuan Ti as well...

Remove ads