Yugoloth Lore

Shemeska

Adventurer
From Dragon 357: The obyrith lord Cabiri's imprisonment in the Wells of Darkness was at the hands of either the baernaloths, or the yugoloths (likely at their direction). It would appear that he learned a bit too much abyssal prehistory for his own good. The exact substance of what he learned isn't known (but it's not a big leap to surmise what it was), but he was looking into the origins of the obyriths' creation, and to that end he sought out the baern.

And Boz. Yep, it seems that we'll see Charon and perhaps some other familiar 'loths in 149. :cool:

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dungeon 149 - Charon appears and is given stats. Among other topics, his relationship with Hades of the Olympian pantheon is detailed, as well as the price he gathers for his services.

Sembra, Sovashi, Ridder, and Landerbold - Iggwilv's four arcanaloth apprentices

Dungeon 150 - The dergholoth is updated with 3.5 stats. Its role in yugoloth armies is mentioned, and other ecology details, along with what the promotion process of mezzoloth to dergholoth involves.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Yleris - arcanaloth necromancer in service to Orcus in the fortress of Tcian-Sumere within the Negative Energy plane. Secretly in service to the yugoloth lord Bubonix. (Dragon 359)

--

Also, though it was trimmed in the magazine, FWIW, Yleris's statblock was originally (NE, male arcanaloth sorcerer 9). He was snagged from my campaign, and a story of mine before that, so at some point I'll probably put up a rogues gallery entry on him with some non-canon details and stats.

Remove ads