Yugoloth Lore

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dungeon 144 might have some names dropped, and Dragon 353 might likewise do the same. But I can't say till what's there till I have my copies.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Alright, since I've got Dungeon 144 in my hands now:

Sharlocke - advanced arcanaloth (sorcerer 2 / archmage 4). He acts as an agent in the adventure Diplomacy on behalf of the yugoloth heirarchy, or at least his own interests and those of his immediate superior in Sigil, the Marauder, who herself acts in this particular case on behalf of an unnamed figure much higher in the 'loth heirarchy (Helekanalaith in Gehenna, or Mydianchlarus in the Waste are suggested).

Helekanalaith the Keeper of the Tower Arcane - finally mentioned in 3.x. His name is dropped as a member of the yugoloth heirarchy.

There's also the first 3.x mention (in passing) of the Tower of Incarnate Pain.

A bit of 'loth internal politics is also mentioned, in that there's something of a scramble going on behind the scenes by a number of powerful 'loths hoping to find the Staff of the Lower Planes. Originally the possession of Anthraxus, he appears to no longer have it, apparently not since he was deposed by Mydianchlarus and went into self-imposed wandering, and its current status is unknown. Various 'loths want it, both for its immediate power, and presumably for the symbolic power that it represents if they ever wanted to make a push for higher status, Oinoloth or otherwise.

Also, the revised 3.5 arcanaloth (though not presented by itself, but as part of Sharlocke's stat block) is nice. 'loth DR, in his case at least, is now 15/silver and good.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shemeska said:
Also, the revised 3.5 arcanaloth (though not presented by itself, but as part of Sharlocke's stat block) is nice. 'loth DR, in his case at least, is now 15/silver and good.

That'll work. I'm not sure what I'd like to be the 'loth DR standard (if there is one). On the one hand, as the purest of evil, straight DR/good seems to make sense. On the other hand, since the other fiends have special materials in the mix, it would seem appropriate for the 'loths to as well. Being in the middle, I could almost see a mix of silver for some and cold iron for others.

One thing's for certain...I don't want so see them with DR/magic! :]

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
yeah, that would be ultra lame. :)

i'm all for your idea of good, with sometimes silver and sometimes cold iron.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shemeska said:
Alright, since I've got Dungeon 144 in my hands now:

Sharlocke - advanced arcanaloth (sorcerer 2 / archmage 4). He acts as an agent in the adventure Diplomacy on behalf of the yugoloth heirarchy, or at least his own interests and those of his immediate superior in Sigil, the Marauder, who herself acts in this particular case on behalf of an unnamed figure much higher in the 'loth heirarchy (Helekanalaith in Gehenna, or Mydianchlarus in the Waste are suggested).

I've finally got mine as well, and Sharlocke is very cool. :cool:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Shade said:
I've finally got mine as well, and Sharlocke is very cool. :cool:

He may be the first arcanaloth explicitely given class levels within a stat block actually. And it certainly raises the bar on power for some of the unique 'loths.

Pants

First Post
Shemeska said:
'loth DR, in his case at least, is now 15/silver and good.
Ah HA. I did it first. ;) (though mine was 10/good and silver. Minor. ;) )

I didn't notice any 'fire blasting' ability that was mentioned elsewhere as being in this revision though...

Razz

Banned
Banned
I think 'loth DR is fine at X/good, just make the DR really high, though. Five more than normal for their CR.

I mean look at the rilmani. I feel bad for rilmani, since their DR is bypassed by any alignment weapon.

Remove ads