D&D 5E ZEITGEIST #13: Avatar of Revolution

It's been over a million words and dozens of modules but here we are: the D&D 5E conversion for the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path has reached its end!

It's been over a million words and dozens of modules but here we are: the D&D 5E conversion for the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path has reached its end!

en5ider 377 snapshot.JPG

This final PDF includes a staggering 36 different high-level NPCs and creatures ranging from series favorites like the Ash Wolf to the master antagonist Nicodemus, elite ship crews, and even a dragon mage. In addition to this absolute trove of material for tier 4 play, there are also several handouts to help GMs make the epic climax of this ZEITGEIST campaign truly reach up into the stars.

Get it by joining EN5ider! Or if this is the first you've heard about ZEITGEIST, check out www.adventuresinzeitgeist.com for more information and a ton of great free resources!

If you've ever thought "gosh I wish that there was a really in-depth campaign for 5E" and you somehow have not already caught on to the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path, it is massive and you are not going to find anything even remotely as nuanced and detailed. What's more even if you could find a more detailed adventure path—and I want to be perfectly clear here that you absolutely won't—you'll be paying out the nose for it. Not so with ZEITGEIST! For a few dollars (or pounds ;)) each month you can become a member to get every single part of every module for this truly epic and engrossing campaign, all downloaded from the absurdly large archive of more than 370 EN5ider articles at no extra charge.

Stay tuned to see what adventure EN5ider gets cracking into next month!​

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

arkwright

Explorer
Like seriously, how many groups are going to run this adventure? I believe every publisher that has done APs has seen a big drop-off in sales and playthroughs of the later adventures.

The MCU was genius because it had a lot of trilogies that linked together, so you could come in for one movie, feel obliged to watch the sequels, then become enough of a fan that you'd seek out the whole saga and eventually swarm the theaters to watch Endgame.
I appreciate that logic, though I would note that unlike in film, in D&D there is an absolute hunger for long adventures/APs. Go to any 'looking for player' forum and 80% of posts will have 'I want to play an AP'. Particularly with Pathfinder.

I personally think some of those players are 'wrong' and are informed by the belief that APs are the 'proper' way to play and would be better off doing smaller stories like you say. But, the demand is there.

Also, I wouldn't be quite so pessimistic about 'how many groups are going to run this adventure'; you put effort in adding sections to support DMs who want to run smaller subsets of the books (2-4, 11-13, 12, etc).

Lastly- there are a ton of abandoned third-party APs out here. It is nice to see one that finished, especially since it is the greatest AP ever written.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I've been playing through part of this adventure series (started at level 7, now at level 11) and I've been having a blast. It doesn't hurt that our DM is quite good too.

... I only wish we were doing it in 5e instead of pathfinder, but I'm the only one interested in switching over... oh well :)

Remove ads

Remove ads