ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist 2: The Dying Skyseer (GM Running Questions)

PinkyWinky

First Post
Hi,

So I am sorta new to the GM world (have only done a couple short adventures). So I have set up the first Zeitgeist book in Roll20 and am prepared to run that next week if my PCs can finally finish their characters. I was just trying to get myself prepared for book 2, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice, or maybe a run a a blog they could point me to so I can understand the pace.

Which brings me into my next question. How are the threads handled? Should I force them through 1-4, or does it work like 1-3 can be done in any order, and then 4.

But love the AP and I'm aching to start.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Welcome to Zeitgeist, PinkyWinky. If you're new to DMing you've chosen a pretty challenging place to start, but with plenty of prep, you'll be fine. I'm a pretty disorganised DM, but even I felt it necessary to do a bit of work for Zeitgeist (especially adventures 2,4 & 5).

There are a lot of campaign journals and blogs on running Zeitgeist. The section of my own (The Continuing Adventures of Korrigan & Co.) that covers adventure #2 is from p3 onwards, and offers DMing advice after each major section.

But what I don't think I mention is that I had an A4 sheet with a very clear diagram of how all the various threads linked together with two 'focal points' - Nilasa (her body and all the evidence associated with it) - and Macbannin (where the evidence would ultimately lead).

I also prepared a rough timeline (on my phone, as it happens) which I could amend on the fly as the players missed stuff, or jumped ahead.

Smaller note, but a helpful one: if you're running the fights straight out of the adventure, cross out 'Cillian Creed' and write Shadow Man instead, so you don't say his name out loud by accident!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases