ZEITGEIST [Zeitgeist] Best 4e class for a Gunsmith?

In the campaign I run, we've had one Rogue (thief) who just liked the gunsmith gimmick so he could fight with a shortsword-bayonetted carbine, and have a pair of pistols in a pinch. The player had to leave after the 1st adventure.

And we have a player considering bringing in a Ranger (scout) who uses paired pistol-handaxes if his current ridiculously overpowered pixie hexblade dies.

But the party already has a gunsmith, Rosetta, a . . . hehe, God, I love 4th edition . . . a Deva seeker/psion who uses a silenced musket. Her powers are all flavored as using telekinesis to curve bullets, or to plant a bullet in a target, then grab the bullet and yank the person around from inside.

Basically, she's every conspiracy theorists' dream. She fires just about every kind of magic bullet you could want.

Oh, and it's a lesser cloaked musket, so in a pinch she can turn it invisible and walk through a crowd.

Ajar

Explorer
My Zeitgeist party is gaining a new addition early in Digging for Lies, and the player has made a star pact warlock gunsmith that looks like he'll be a lot of fun. I've allowed him to spend his 5th level gunsmith tinker perk on using his pistols as wand implements. The player says he likes the idea of pointing a gun at someone and having them wonder if a bullet will come out or if it will spew forth eldritch magic. Seems pretty cool to me.

Noodle

Explorer
Agree with Ranger. We have a shifter seeker gunsmith in our party who kicks ass (and is the party's main long range threat .. the rest of the party is near useless except in melee.)

Noodle

Explorer
Agree with Ranger. We have a shifter seeker gunsmith in our party who kicks ass (and is the party's main long range threat .. the rest of the party is near useless except in melee.)

And man, were they wishing for a bit more ranged oomph yesterday. We just did the
underwater Mavisha dig site
encounter from Digging For Lies -
Krantos
kept pushing our seeker into
an inky cloud, leaving him blind on his turn
. The melee folks, especially those with limited Athletic ability, were finding it very difficult to move around the map. :]

Just ran that for my group.

[sblock]The gunsmith player slept late and missed the game, but the rest of the party stealthed up amazingly well and managed to ambush Finona -- daze effect, daze effect, dominate, and DOWN. When Krantos and his pets attacked from behind them things got a little interesting, but the party all just hid in the air pockets and forced Krantos to go in and move the diving bell lanterns so his pets could attack. When my party clusters together they are really hard to take on.

Best use of guns so far was in the Kaja fight, with a duel between a sniper on a roof and a woman who has a cannon. The real loser of that battle was the roof.
[/sblock]

Remove ads