ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist deities?

Bruize

First Post
I'm gearing up to run zeitgeist 4e for the first time but I'm stuck at an odd point. I've run game in the past where there was no religion or it was non-existant but I'd like to have it available this time around should my players be so inclined. In looking at the notes on religion i found no deities. Do I just fail at reading comprehension or are there no official deities aside from the dead eladrin one which I still have not located a name for?

Siberys

Adventurer
The Eladrin Goddess is Srassama; she's part of a nondefined pantheon. then there's the Clergy, and the folk religions of Risur et al. Danor is agnostic to atheistic, and Drakr seems to care more about philosophy than religion (you can use divine classes with that pretty easily, though).

In general, I think the players can make stuff up as long as it can fit in with those. For example, I'd let a PC make up a minor eladrin deity, or even a major one, as long as they were serious about it.

There is a portion about philosophy in the PG which covers religion too.

The idea was not to state gods, so that if you wanted to slot the campaign into an existing setting, you could. You can make up whatever you want. Worst case scenario, just use the core pantheon.

Colmarr

First Post
The underabundance of gods is one of the key themes of the setting for me.

The eladrin have a dead god, makin them vengeful and lost.

The danorans have abandoned the gods, making them independent and proud.

The clergy have an established but absent god, making them the Catholic church.

Risur had the Unseen Court and the fey titans but are moving away crom them, making Risuri the conflicted teenagers of Lanjyr.

I'd advise against a proliferation of gods. The more you have, the more of Zeitgeist's uniqueness you lose.

Remove ads