ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist Publication Schedule

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The rough schedule - barring unforeseen events - is always every 3 months. That's never changed. Barring unforeseen events.

Ajar

Explorer
...we have spent longer on buffer adventures between Zeitgeist episodes than we have on the episodes themselves!

Man, you guys play fast! I kept up through Axis, and we were one of the early groups to start Skyseer, but now we're only midway through Digging for Lies. I haven't even read Always on Time or Cauldron-Born yet. I'm not even sure what adventure comes after that.

I'm kind of envious of the amount of time your group has for D&D!

jacktannery

Explorer
Thanks Morrus - that's faster than I thought it would it would take. I think you will have published all the modules before we reach adventure 6, so I won't need to prepare for an abrupt mid-campaign end.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Man, you guys play fast!

We game once a week for about 3 hours, with the occasional - and I mean very occasional - 6 hour weekend game, usually before a long break (which happens once or twice a year).

We started the campaign in September 2011. I like to be at least one installment behind the latest release so I can plan for what will happen next. With Cauldron Born delayed for six months, despite a five-week summer hiatus, we still had to play buffer sessions from Sept to Nov, switch to playtesting Numenera and then start Always on Time anyway a few weeks before adventure five finally came out. I'm now about four/five weeks from completing Always, and was really hoping adventure six might have emerged so we could go straight on to Cauldron Born. The quality of the adventures is so high that my filler material pales by comparison, and my group really started to flag during the last period. They also have difficulty remembering the plot when such a lot of real-time months have gone by in between one adventure and the next. But my biggest concern is that the group will split before we play out the campaign, and that would be a real shame. I kind of hoped that something might be done to make up the lost time, but I guess that won't be happening.

Ajar

Explorer
Ah, I see. I'm quite willing to run right up to the end of what's published, or even a bit past it -- I ran my first session or two of Skyseer from Ryan's pre-layout draft. He's been great at answering my questions about the future, so I'm comfortable not knowing the details of the next adventure. There have definitely been times when I've seen something and thought "oh, I might have been able to foreshadow that," but clearly that hasn't been enough to get me to read the adventures that are out but I haven't run yet. ;)

Would you be comfortable dipping into your buffer? That might alleviate some of your concern if Morrus & co succeed in hitting the 3-month targets from here on out.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Ryan's... been great at answering my questions about the future,

Yes indeed, no complaints there; I've also taken part in some proof-reading and got my sneak peeks that way. Now I've backed EN World with a lifetime Gold subscription. I also purchased immortality by naming a Zeitgeist NPC. However, I'm concerned I might actually need to be immortal in order to receive the award. Ho ho!

Would you be comfortable dipping into your buffer? That might alleviate some of your concern if Morrus & co succeed in hitting the 3-month targets from here on out.

I will be continuing with my buffer adventures to expand on the PCs' personal journeys (things only get problematic after a couple of months - I can put together a fairly tasty four-session adventure without any problems). Also, we're running the escapades of a second 1st-level unit who will function as Unit B in Cauldron Born. Low-level adventures are easier to mock up on the fly.

If the EN Publishing team hit the 3-month target from here on out 'll probably be okay.

Remove ads