zelandia - the homebrew setting based off New Zealand . Part 1

So I have been thinking I want to create a group of races base on New Zealand native animals such as the Kiwi, Tui, Tuatara, Weta and more!
Also in the future I would like to add in a new class, campaign and spells. I will be basing all the lore, races and places on the Maori culture of New Zealand. So if your keen to see more please like my Facebook page or my blog so I can keep you updated on future content. This 1st part will have a preview of the Tui race (A sub-race of the Aarakocra race in D&D 5e). So please show some interest and share!!. Link here: https://www.thecommandersalty.com/nz-races-homebrew-part1 DF73171D-EE7B-45C6-BDC3-94624C9D3647.png

Last edited:

Yeah definitely have to be simple weapons . Haha kea was gonna be my next . Got any ideas for kea ? A kea would make an awesome little trickster character. I think the potential for this could be huge

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
If the kiwi isn't totally useless, I will be very disappointed. Otherwise, this should be pretty cool. Will you be doing the various gods? They won't need much, just a paragraph or two about them and a domain. All I can remember is Tane who I think represented the trees and was strong enough to separate his parents the earth and sky so that life could flourish. Something like that anyway. It's interesting how often something like separating the earth and sky comes up in mythologies.

When you say avian subrace for the tui, is that a subrace of the aarakocra (however it is actually spelt)?

Kiwi will be done and im thinking they will be a hermit race that are blind, thoughts ?. Yeah gods won’t be exactly the same but I will be using Maori mythology as inspiration such as Tangaroa the god of the sea . Yeah sorry I meant the Aarakocra yes. You are correct!! Maybe a weta race as baddies ?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Kiwi will be done and im thinking they will be a hermit race that are blind, thoughts ?. Yeah gods won’t be exactly the same but I will be using Maori mythology as inspiration such as Tangaroa the god of the sea . Yeah sorry I meant the Aarakocra yes. You are correct!! Maybe a weta race as baddies ?
Maybe also that katipo spider.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I could see the gods being primordials or perhaps the elder gods, Ranginui and Papa being primordials and their children being gods. Although, having looked up the gods, many of them seem related to the elements.

Remove ads