Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Avalon®

First Post
Must've been the wrong password.

Undaunted, Surge gives cracking the code another pass. "V1, Access building blueprints and security camera feeds."

Velmont

First Post
Ian, who has decided to stop staring wlaks next to Surge and looks over his shoulder. "Don't try it three times, or it will probably lock down the system. And have you taken a looks at the registry and the cookies in the temproraries folders. Sometimes, there is some trace left that could help you to crack the system." suggest Ian.

Computer +2 to help another.

James Heard

Explorer
Alan looks over at Ian with some relief.

"You're helping him? Good, I'm going to go check the vitals of the others - if you two can pull up the local nurse station in this madhouse before Bad Things Happen I'd appreciate it."

Alan marches confidently over to the nearest unopened 'tank and produces a clearly labeled syringe for drawing blood.

"I don't know what's going on with these others either, but whatever it is it's clear it's not going as swimmingly as it did with the rest of us. I'm going to try to draw some DNA and maybe we can discover some answers about our roommates later, or else I see how I do with making coolers and ice. I don't think I've tried ice before, but there's nothing I can think of that suggests it's impossible at least? Nothing's impossible any longer," Alan says with just a hint of unhappiness in his voice.

"Where were we and who did this to us? Or were we anywhere and anyone? If we could get copies of those records..." Alan mumbles to himself.

Curiouser and curiouser, it all starts making sense eventually I suppose. The illogical follows patterns, even chaos has a name and definition. We impose our own limitations, that's the nature of free will.

Alan sighs.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I guess this was the company I used to work for. And it's even later than Mira told us. The dates are strange too.

Michael's duplicate slips out the door further away, checking the hallway for movement. The real Michael turns to Alan, grabbing his shoulder. "Look, I want answers as much as you, but if we run into their cleaning team, I want more than harsh language. Can you make me a lot of knives? Or failing that, some kind of club?"

Man, Ashley is bossy. Still, at least it seems like she knows what to do, which is a lot more than I can say about myself right now.

Shayuri

First Post
"Nevermind knives or clubs," Facade says, drawing closer to Alan and Michael.

"What about explosives? A grenade is pretty simple, structurally speaking."

Vanifae

First Post
Avalon® said:
Must've been the wrong password.

Undaunted, Surge gives cracking the code another pass. "V1, Access building blueprints and security camera feeds."
The VI responds, “I do not have access to blueprints and all feeds are controlled by the Central Security Station, in the event of an emergency it is recommended that all VSC personnel follow all directions of senior officers and remain calm and orderly. VSC Emergency Response is on their way.”

“Is there anything else I can help you with?” the VI asks.

Out in the Hall

Michael’s duplicate steps out into the darkened hallway at the nearest intersection standing in the center of the walkway is a little girl, with mocha skin a simple white dress and curly dark hair. Her eyes are a silvery gray.

The hall way extends in both directions and there is a door directly across from him, and the hallway ends in both sides with what looks like a T-intersection.

Back in the Room

Alan is able to access drawing a blood sample from the corpse.

Shalimar

First Post
"Unless we know where we are just ripping holes in metal floors and seelings doesn't seem wise... this is relating to space stuff after all...what if we are in an environment humans can't survive?" Haven asks after Ashley tells him to go ripping through stuff.

Instead of following orders, Haven moves over to join Michael by the door.

James Heard

Explorer
"I honestly don't know. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to do explosives though."

Alan crinkles his nose at the idea, obviously uncomfortable with the notion of making something as damaging as explosives to be used on anyone.

"As for knives, so far I still haven't managed to figure out how to make anything much stronger, structurally speaking, than that wall you guys saw back there in the Estate. Making silver and tin silverware is a lot different than what you're talking about because...I don't know how to explain it. It's like it all stacks up inside, the molecular matrices and...anyways, the way it all goes together inside is a lot different from the way I know it should go sometimes. I'm not going to be making any plutonium anytime soon either. As things get denser they...get away from me in my head. Too many layers, too complex for me to just pretend I'm not doing it."

"It's unbelievably complex, believe me. It's like I'm mostly just coloring within the lines most of the time though, except my crayons are molecules," he shrugs and hands her the blood sample.

"I'm going to see if there are any vampires in the rest of the coffins. Honestly, we really need to figure out how we're getting to where we're going before we start wandering around this place and worrying about blowing people up. I'm sure fighting and killing people is a fine solution to some of you people, but aside from a few angry bowling balls I'm more dangerous at Scrabble."

Alan continues his quest for more blood samples.

Velmont

First Post
"Well, at least, you can create bowling ball over there head... I can only shake there hands and feels there last break up with there ex-girlfriend just like I was there. That's really usefull!" answers Ian. "And killing people will only head by get us killed. And even if I am suppose to be able to heal people, which was true in a virtual world, I don't want to try. I have a faint memory of healing a cut and having the need to rest for a full night. A bullet wound will surely get me unconscious."

Ian takes a moment to think. "Vanguard Space Colonies Research and Development... yeah, with that galatic year, I suppose human have made first contact and space travel is possible. And if that is true, and we are inside a facility of some sort of a Space colonie R&D, then we might be inside some space station or lunar base. I would tell the chance are slim, but I don't wnat to figure it out the hard way."

He looks around. "Do you think they were trying to grow space colonist... or maybe they were creating human with alien DNA mixed in there genetic heritage. What do you think, should we trust Mira and find that Tram station?"

James Heard

Explorer
"I think we should not trust Mira, but go anywhere that might lead us away from this place. What if these," Alan gestures at the corpse," people started off in the same shape we're in but only ended up this way thanks to Mira and her company's 'care'?" Alan frowns.

"These are not good people. I don't care what their intentions were, the road is paved with them."

Remove ads