Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Shayuri

First Post
Facade blinks blearily and looks around. After verifying that all her important bits are intact, she undoes her seat belt and tries to make her way up front to see what the status of Ashana and the others are. Who had lived, and who wasn't so lucky...

"I'm alive," she says thickly in response to Ashley's query.

Vanifae

First Post
Billowing smoke and dust threaten to choke unprepared lungs, the smell of twisted metal and concrete, and the screams of the wounded and the alarmed make this area a literal war zone. That is even before the sound of small arms fire can be heard, Wedge responds with a gruff, “Son of a bitch… yeah I think I got all my important parts…”

Biggs adds, “Alive, got a nasty ringing in the ears.”

Outside as the smoke and debris slowly clear, they can see bodies, some are moving, some in pieces and some stock still from the carnage. The group can’t see Ashana though.

Dee quips, “Suicide bombers… I guess the old tricks are still the best.”

Alan responds with a slow grunt, “Violence only begets more violence.”

Michael’s Double

The vagrant is rattled as Michael threatens him, “Listen buddy… listen… I don’t know nothing… security security!”

Velmont

First Post
"I agree with that." replies Ian to Alan who jump out of the van. "And your medical expertise will be needed, there is many wouded who could use it."

Ian looks at all the bodies. He spots one moving body and move toward it. "How do you feel, where are you hurt?" he asks the victim, evaluating as best as he can if he is in a life danger or if he could survive long enough to be taken charged by the first repsonse team.

Victim

First Post
Ashley pulls herself to the top/side of the vehicle and crouches, trying to locate the sources of small arms fire. Conflict is perpertual. "I'll try to let you know if the fighting will shift close to you," she says in a low voice. "Be careful." She hops off the 6 wheeler, and tries to sneak closer to the fighting.

-----------------------

Notice +11
Stealth +4.

... I really thought she was sneakier when coming up with this plan. :(

Hammerhead

Explorer
Inside the Van

"Best? The very idea of suicide bombing is abhorrent," Michael responds to Dee, keeping his voice low while cowering inside the wreckage of the vehicle. "What's going on out there," he asks his more reckless companions.

Michael's Double

Michael's double pushes the vagrant aside with a hastily muttered apology, sprinting towards the combat zone, hoping to secure a position to observe the newly created battlefield, or possibly come up behind their attackers.

Shayuri

First Post
Facade manages to pull herself free of the vehicle and crouches down, looking around and taking in the scene.

"We have to get out of here, now," she says.

She regards Biggs and Wedge, then points at Biggs. "You, try to raise Ashana on your radio." Her pointing finger moves to Wedge, "You call for backup."

"The rest of us, we should get out of here now. Stay behind cover and...Ashley! Ian! Wait!"

Remove ads