• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Hammerhead

Explorer
Michael's Clone

"If you ask me, we should finish the job they tried to start back then. Damn Junians," Michael's clone muttters, spitting on the ground. "A few more questions. This Uthos Kil guy, what the hell is he? Another one of them? And where can I find him?

Michael

Ashana? Trustable? If she used to associate with me, then I highly doubt that. She's still doing what she used to, what I used to, just with a different master.

"Alright, fine, let's join forces. But this is just business," he declares, staring at Ashana coldly for a brief moment. Let's not share anything personal about each other, shall we? "So what now?"

Vanifae

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Michael

Ashana? Trustable? If she used to associate with me, then I highly doubt that. She's still doing what she used to, what I used to, just with a different master.

"Alright, fine, let's join forces. But this is just business," he declares, staring at Ashana coldly for a brief moment. Let's not share anything personal about each other, shall we? "So what now?"
Ashana returns the gaze with an impassive, stoic gaze. She replies, “Of course.” She steps aside to let the group pile in.

Alan sighs, “I suppose ignorance truly is bliss.”

Talos follows though he gives a long look at Ashana before he enters. Talos whispers to Ian, “I do not trust the junian, this could all be an elaborate trap human male. I dare say you are all quite cavalier with your lives.”

Michael’s Clone

“You want to find Uthos Kil,” the vagrant replies hacking, “you are either stupid or really brave, in which case you is still stupid. You don’t go looking for the head boss of the Cartel on Haven V… unless you know something I don’t?”

A vehicle pulls up and the thugs enter it.

Velmont

First Post
Ian whispers back to Talos "Was I wrong about the Veranthian who threaten you? I think for now, we can trust her." tells Ian. Ian lay back on his seat a moment and take a deep breath. He feels all this emotion he just lived today, the emotion that is not even his own, but he felt it was affecting him. Not only that, but there was that ball in his stomach that make him inconfortable. He wish he could get a peacfull place to rest, to evacuate al that.

Shayuri

First Post
More than a little surprised, Facade decides not to pry too deeply into their change of heart.

She climbs in with the rest and squeezes into the back seat.

"Okay, so...I know I have questions for you guys. Why don't you go first though?" she says to Ashana and the others.

Victim

First Post
Ashley smiles at Alan and climbs into the vehicle. "Is it? I'll try not to spoil things for you then."

This could be a deathtrap. But for whom? The close quarters inside the vehicle work to our advantage.

Velmont

First Post
"As we will travel together, why don't you present yourself. Me, it's Ian... as far as I know." tells Ian to Ashana, Wedge and anyone else in the van.

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
"As we will travel together, why don't you present yourself. Me, it's Ian... as far as I know." tells Ian to Ashana, Wedge and anyone else in the van.
Ashana replies, “Ashana,” she steps out of the vehicle focusing on something. The group sees what she is looking at, a human woman pushing a floating baby carriage, but something does not seem right, something seems off, maybe it’s the furtive looks, the tinny sound of the baby’s wailing… the lack of concern on the woman’s face as she seems more focused on something elsewhere.

Ashana starts to approach as the woman enters the tram station. The woman pauses, looking over her shoulder catching the approaching junian in her glance; she pushes the carriage quickly forward and raises her hands and shrieks, “Humanity stands alone!” Something is in her hand, Ashana raises her pistol and shouts a warning and then there is a bright light, concussive force, and terrifying explosive sound…

Seconds later…

The all-terrain vehicle is flung on its side, the occupants shaken, but thankfully not seriously harmed. The smell of flesh, heat, and twisted metal fill your lungs. There are screams and worse sounds, perhaps gunfire? Ringing in your ears replaces the buzzing sound…

Michael’s double is knocked down by the force of the blast and although shaken is for the most part okay at least for the moment. His double is lying against a wall some fifty feet from the right side of Tram station, Ashana’s van so to speak is parked out front some seventy feet from the front of the structure. A smoke plume is billowing upwards…

Velmont

First Post
Ian tries to get out of the vehicle without touching anyone. He didn't want to start to see moments of great emotion of everyone in the van, he had enough with what is happening actually. "Damned humanity, it didn't changed in centuries." he tells as he finally get out of the van. He starts to scan the surroudning trying to evaluate the situation.

Victim

First Post
I'm okay. Ashley looks around, taking stock of the situation in the van. "Status?" she asks sharply. Since no one seems seriously harmed, she'll cautiously poke her head out the top/side of the vehicle. "Stay calm, everyone."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Michael's Clone

Picking himself up from the ground, Michael glances at the homeless man he was interrogating. Assuming the man is conscious and relatively uninjured, he grabs him roughly. "Damn it," he snarls in a hurried tone. "I don't have time for this. Tell me where Uthos Kil is. Now."

The Real Michael

"I'm okay. I guess this vehicle was armored or something. What the hell is going on," he asks bewilderedly, slowly processing the explosion, screams, and gunfire. Despite the heat and the wreckage, Michael stays in the vehicle, trying to cover his body with the metal of the van while he fully assesses the situation.

Remove ads