• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Ian quickly wards his head with his arms, just as the sky was falling on him. After a few seconds, he realize where he is and looks at the others with a shy look. "She is unconsious... and I think she is having a nigthmare... I don't know if..." Ian look with hesitation. He remembered to have healed some small cut in that virtual world, could he awake someone unconscious in the real world. Ian takes a deep breath and try to awaken her with his power of healing.
Dee stirs, and then her eyes open, she looks at Ian, “What happened?”

Talos looks down, “You fainted female human, are you okay to move?”

“I think so,” Dee responds.

Outside

Ashana finally interjects, “I really hate to break up this spat, but this is bigger then either of you, and frankly at this point in time you need help, both of you. We are not here to hurt you, I work for the Galactic Republic; I don’t have any ties to VSC or the Cartel, and in fact if this gives us a chance to put some damage on their operations here then I am all for it. I am not asking you to trust each other, frankly that is your business, but I didn’t come here to listen to you two argue over semantics.”

She gets out of the vehicle, “You want to save the veranthian’s life mate you will need assistance. All I want is to find Mira, and keep her from getting killed by the Cartel, plus she may have more information about what is going on… and your unique talents.”

The junian finishes with, “You have no resources, no contacts, and probably no shelter; I understand if you have a distinct distrust of my motives but I am not your enemy. You want to save a life then let me help you, and that begins with trusting me,” she offers her hand to Façade.

Michael’s Clone

“Heh… well I suppose I remember something,” he eyes the hand in the pocket, “that greener over there, one ugly bastard that one. Cold killer, dates back to the First Contact War I hear, was a big time soldier or something… hates humans I hear… hates everything else too even his own kind… goes by the name of Bu… Blun… Burak… yeah Burak… he works for Uthos Kil… you mess with him you end up dead. What I hear anyway,” he shrugs.

The Bluff is successful.

“So how about a few creds, so I can wet my whistle?” the vagrant asks.

Velmont

First Post
Ian stands up, but as he do so, he almost los ebalance. He puts an hand on hishead. "Wow, I feel like I had worked all night." He sees Facade talking to Alan and a woman. He walks to them and overhear the offer of Ashana. Before Facade take Ashana's hand, Ian grabs it and shake it.

Shayuri

First Post
Facade lets Ian do his thing, then shakes the hand as well.

"Don't get me wrong. I think you're at -least- as trustworthy as the only other person we have to follow right now," she comments. "Given that you haven't killed Alan yet, you may very well be saints."

She gives Alan a grin, then looks back at Ashana.

"So do you want to come back with me to talk to them, or would you prefer if I talked you up to them first?"

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Ian stands up, but as he do so, he almost los ebalance. He puts an hand on hishead. "Wow, I feel like I had worked all night." He sees Facade talking to Alan and a woman. He walks to them and overhear the offer of Ashana. Before Facade take Ashana's hand, Ian grabs it and shake it.
She gives a surprised look at Ian’s reaction but shakes his hand anyway.

Ian
[sblock]Ian feels himself looking down at what looks like Earth, if the continents were totally different but the world is blue, with brilliant white clouds and alien landmasses. There is a flash of light in the distance, and feeling of sorrow and anger courses through him…

A ring falls to the floor, he hears it tingle, and a primal scream courses through his ears. The images shift, and there is anger, lost, and a glimmer of hope… but there is an honest emotion of trust and wanting to help… although she is somewhat unnerved by everything she has seen.[/sblock]

Ashana then takes Façade’s hand, “We don’t really have time to discuss all this in a committee,” she gestures to the rest of the group already approaching, Talos in tow. She then turns back to Façade, “But I will help you save the life-mate, hopefully protect Mira, and find Alan’s daughter, alive. I don’t fail, not while I can still draw breath.”

Velmont

First Post
"I trust her for now. Let's not waste time and get the ride before something else fall on us." tells Ian. He turns toward Talos. "Don't despair, we will get your life-mate back."

Not waiting for the invitation, Ian climb into the vehicule and sits down. He feels tired, his brain is messed with memories that is not his own and he feels that ball in his chest that have created itself while he was healing Dee. Ian doesn't feels good and close his eye as his head fall back. "And if someone have some coffee and two aspirins, they would be more then welcome. That, or I'll need a serious night of rest."

Victim

First Post
Ashley frowns, studying Ashana. She seems sincere, at least. And Ian seems to agree.

"Okay, you want to help. But what happens after the immediate situation is taken care of? I'd rather not have some reports about us filtering their way through your government. I don't expect everyone to have the same attitude as you."

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
Ashley frowns, studying Ashana. She seems sincere, at least. And Ian seems to agree.

"Okay, you want to help. But what happens after the immediate situation is taken care of? I'd rather not have some reports about us filtering their way through your government. I don't expect everyone to have the same attitude as you."
Ashana shrugs, “I am not here to turn you in for study, what happened on Omega Tau III, why you have these talents, and why certain third parties are interested in you is my prime concern. It’s my job to stop the problems before they bloom, and from my vantage we are on the periphery of a big problem, whatever is going on you are all involved in it. I am willing to help you in the short term, so we can help each other in the long term. I believe that is fair.”

Alan smirks shaking his head, “Idiots, all of you are sick, delusional… really this isn’t about solving problems this is about the people, about us… something has happened to us, we need to find an HMI… I bet I could fix it and fix us. But does anyone take my advice? I am only just a doctor.”

Wedge speaks to Ian, “You alright man?” he offers him some medicine.

Velmont

First Post
"Alan, if you think treating them as idiot will convince them to come, you are all wrong." tells Ian, taking the medecine given by Wedge, making sure to not touch him at the same time.

He turns toward the others who are standing with Ashana. "Let's not waste time. You've seen it, there is thing that happening that is well over us. We can try to play alone, but we are clueless about that world and we will end by doing mistake that might cost us too much. Already Talos have a Damocles sword over his head because of what we did today. We will need someone to help us in this world for the moment, and Ashana is trustable.

And also, we might all get unconscious like Dee in the next hour. We are all hearing that buzzing sound just as Dee. But for her, the sound evolve and she falled unconscious. We will be brillant if most or all of us fall unconscious."

Ian swallow two pills, without any water. He turns toward Wedge. "Thanks. No, but it must just be all the stress."

Shalimar

First Post
Haven looks at Ashana and then the other clones and sighs moving to the car. On his way past Alan he pats the man on the shoulder, smiling. "Your the doctor and you pronounced us as not all there upstairs. Think about the ramifications of the victim saying we aren't responsible for our actions." the blonde teen said with a grin and slapped him in the gut playfully before getting into the car.

Whatever, he would desert Ash and Facade or Mike or Ian and they looked to have made their minds up. If he couldn't change it he might as well not worry about it, all he could do was take things as they came.

Remove ads