Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Vanifae

First Post
Hot Lab 8, Internal Control Center

“No personnel on site, this site has been empty for weeks, maybe months?” his voice is electronically modulated but still there is an edge to it.

“I am looking at the security log entries, and I am not pulling any sign that Doctor Tighe is on site. Perhaps there is no one here,” a second figure speaks in the same voice.

“Pull the data files and set your charges then we move on to R&D Section 213, whatever they didn’t want us finding is in there, then we scrub the Hot Lab and prepare it for submersion,” a third figure cuts in watching a live security feed.

Tram Station B3

A thin figure stands near a transport tram looking nervously around. The glass-like roof revealed a dark night sky with two moons, one a crescent the other full in the sky. He taps his face to check the time, and then begins to pace… this was a dangerous place to be… he wondered if the money was worth exposing himself. He knew that he wasn’t just here for the money though, he wanted to impress her, the first human female he had contact with… well not face to face but it could prove interesting.

Inside R & D Section 213

You felt like you just fell into a poll of freezing water. You grit your teeth, you shake and fight that your body is restrained, you try to open your eyes but nothing… then you feel restraints popping and your body falling onto a metallic and now slick floor.

You try to breathe but find your lungs filled with liquid… you hack and cough up this substance as your eyes try to take in your surroundings… this is not where you were, the room is dark, and you shiver… a gray featureless body suit covers your body, leaving your hands, feet, and head bare.

You smell ozone, the sweet smell of the liquid on the floor, and the musk of stale air. Across the room a light flashes, but your head throbs… behind you is the tube that must have kept you alive all this time, you see several tube housings some with bodies still inside… you can only wonder.

Everyone is at -1 to all actions for the duration of the current scene, you are not currently injured.

Those that remember, still remember everything, those that lost their memories on this day only have the current memories.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Not feeling well for having been enclosed into such modern sarcophagus, Ian takes a deep breath. The recent event, the only event he can remember, start to rolls into his head. He looks at the other bodies, and tries to see if he can't recognize some of them.

Shalimar

First Post
Lying in the pool of filth Haven shivers and shakes until he vomits up some of the fluid. Climbing to his knees, the now blonde haired teen wipes at his face with the back of his hand trying to clean his face. Disoriented, he slowly rises to his feet and stumbles over to the closest occupied tank to see if he recognized anyone.

Vanifae

First Post
Shalimar said:
Lying in the pool of filth Haven shivers and shakes until he vomits up some of the fluid. Climbing to his knees, the now blonde haired teen wipes at his face with the back of his hand trying to clean his face. Disoriented, he slowly rises to his feet and stumbles over to the closest occupied tank to see if he recognized anyone.
It is difficult to make out the features in the darkness, as he looks at the nearest tube with a person still inside. Features are hard to make out but the individual is not moving at all, nothing is lit up besides the flashing light across the room.

Other figures are moving in the darkness, perhaps the others from the Estate? It is hard to make out features in the darkness. Out of the corner of his eye in a reflection of the tube, he thinks he sees a young boy… blonde with silver-gray eyes.

But another moment, a blink of the eye literally and it is gone.

Ian stumbles toward a tube and fights what looks to be only a partial human body, malformed and floating in the liquid, the features are difficult to see in the darkness… if only there were some light perhaps.

Shayuri

First Post
Facade lies propped up on her arms, coughing and hacking until she can finally take weak, shivering breaths. She sucks air in hungrily, gasping like a fish for a few seconds before taking stock and looking around.

"Who's here?" she coughs. "Headcount. I'm Facade. Who else is here?"

Shalimar

First Post
"I'm all here too..." the sound of soft patting can be heard, like someone checking their pockets..."yep...all here, or at least the important bits and pieces are." The blonde Haven says.

"We want to get moving or what? I could use a bath, preferably a bath for two, but those cleaners didn't sound like the sort of guys I want to be sharing one with."

"Anyone have any plans?"

James Heard

Explorer
Insanity.

Alan rolls out of his metallic womb, with a cough, wiping the vile taste from his lips with a snarl.

"All perfectly legal? Just what we need, a politician," he curses to himself.

"That might be the most pleasant thing I've done today. I've got a charmed existence, for sure," he says while wiping fluid away from his body and shaking out his ears.

Alan looks around at the walls for a map or place designation, while running his fingers through his hair. Absentmindedly he stretches his "injured" leg.

"Curiouser and curiouser," he mumbles, taking account of the strange life support machinery.

"Star light, star bright, let's see if we can read the indicator lights?"

Time to see how the other side lives.

Remove ads