• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Velmont

First Post
Ian quickly wards his head with his arms, just as the sky was falling on him. After a few seconds, he realize where he is and looks at the others with a shy look. "She is unconsious... and I think she is having a nigthmare... I don't know if..." Ian look with hesitation. He remembered to have healed some small cut in that virtual world, could he awake someone unconscious in the real world. Ian takes a deep breath and try to awaken her with his power of healing.

James Heard

Explorer
Alan scowls and sticks out his tongue at the people critiquing his advanced tactical skills before settling into a sloppy grin again.

Alan peeks his head out of the vehicle and looks to either side for anyone following the group. He then looks at the group as if to ask, "Are you coming or what?"

"Come on! <Come on!> Pick her up and bring her with you!"

Alan taps his wrist as if he has a watch on it.

Victim

First Post
Now is not the best time for this. She pushes the throbbing aside.

"In an amazing coincidence, Dee passes out right when Alan and his new friends show up," Ashley says, bending over to check on Dee. "Can you do it, Ian? Everyone else, get out of here with all possible haste. This isn't safe."

(Medicine +6, Concentration +9)

Shayuri

First Post
"Don't scatter yet," Facade urges. "I'm going to talk to him. Stay here. If they grab me or if anything happens to me, get somewhere safe."

She breaks into a brisk jog over towards the vehicle Alan is in and hunkers down a bit to look inside when she's close enough.

"Who're your friends, Al?"

Velmont

First Post
"First time in the real world..." answers Ian to Ashley as he put his hand on Dee's head to try to get her out of her unconsciousness.

James Heard

Explorer
"Ashana, Wedge, & Biggs. Don't tease her about Mike. You're being hunted by dangerous space Cartels and other people my daughter owes money to. Aliens tried to kill us by invading a planet. We have sandwiches back at the house."

Alan looks at the rest of the group speculatively.

"Are they going to come along or do they need to do some more ego posturing and get some people killed for a while longer? I've already ate, changed clothes, and surfed the internet - did you know I'm a Hoosier? Amazing. I'd have guessed somewhere more West Coast, wouldn't have you? We should go now though, because I've got an annoying hum in my head that kind of screams 'Something really bad is about to happen,' and we need to get away from these civilians before they're caught up in it too."

Vanifae

First Post
James Heard said:
"Ashana, Wedge, & Biggs. Don't tease her about Mike. You're being hunted by dangerous space Cartels and other people my daughter owes money to. Aliens tried to kill us by invading a planet. We have sandwiches back at the house."
Ashana speaks, “Your crazed acquaintance is correct, this is not a safe place, and I fear his actions may have brought more undue scrutiny for us. I can’t tell you to trust me, but I have not harmed Doctor Tighe, and I have no intentions to bring harm to any of you. Take that as you will, but we have little time to debate.”

Wedge grumbles, “I still say the good doctor is about 51 cards short of a full deck.”

Shalimar

First Post
Haven ignores the buzzing, it wasn't important even if it was annoying, there wereother more critical matters at hand like punching Alan in the face. "I am not gong anywhere with that idiot," he mutters to Ashley as Facade goes over to talk with him. "What a :):):):)ing loser, doesn't he have any common sense, no lets just draw everyone's attention to us when we are trying to avoid attention."

The blonde teen moves over next to Dee and Ian, "If you can't heal her here I'll carry her to wherever we are headed."

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Ashana speaks, “Your crazed acquaintance is correct, this is not a safe place, and I fear his actions may have brought more undue scrutiny for us. I can’t tell you to trust me, but I have not harmed Doctor Tighe, and I have no intentions to bring harm to any of you. Take that as you will, but we have little time to debate.”

Wedge grumbles, “I still say the good doctor is about 51 cards short of a full deck.”
Alan grins while replying to Ashana.

"They're all wearing matching jumpsuits huddled together in public like a roller derby team. I don't really think me telling them to hurry is their biggest worry in the 'sticking out like a sore thumb' category, Ashana."

"They have beer," Alan explains, as if that explained everything. Eventually he adds, "Even if you don't come with us, remember this: You need to find a Huvan Mind Interface. It gets in your head, and that's the whole point of all of us. They need what's in there and so do we. I know I bounce around a lot, but when I was at the top of my game I was the best there is. GR medical tech, xenomedicine, psychiatry, genetics... I was in charge of medicine for a whole world. Even if you guys all just turn and walk away right now, every single of one of you has a medical problem and right now my best prognosis says that all of you, all of us, need HMI therapy."

"And whatever happens, change your clothes. The outfits really do look horrible, and I bet they'll soon start smelling worse."

"Do you hear a buzzing sound too?"

Alan tries to think of reasons for the buzzing in his head. OOC: Whatever skill THAT might be, but Alan's a doctor so I guess if there's a medical explanation something might occur to him besides 'You're going crazy.'

Remove ads