• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide: Episode #2 "Black Star"

Vanifae

First Post
Shayuri said:
Facade shakes her head.

"We still have twenty-four hours to work out what to do. They can't kill her before that, or they'll lose their leverage. You'd better take us to see this Mira though so we can work out the next step. Clock's ticking now."
Talos shakes his head in disappointment, “But you humans are unarmed and although strange I fear that logically we are no match for the Cartel. Perhaps if we go to them and beg for her life they will spare her…” The sentient nods to Façade though, the glimmer in his eyes fading, “I say we just give them Mira. She is obviously not worth this trouble.”

The buzzing does not fade, it is a minor distraction but there nonetheless in brief moments of silence or perhaps reflection you also feel like there is something tangible… coherent… even useful there.

Alan

Ashana places a hand on Alan’s shoulder, “No I think it would be most prudent if you go in alone and make contact with them, we don’t want any harm to come to them. We will stay here and observe, and cover you. If anything they would be surprised to still see you alive…”

By this point Alana has had a chance to change into fresh clothes, since he spent some time at the apartment.

Velmont

First Post
"Talos, we will find something to save her." tells Ian. He only hope it will not mean to do things they would regret later.

James Heard

Explorer
Vanifae said:
Alan

Ashana places a hand on Alan’s shoulder, “No I think it would be most prudent if you go in alone and make contact with them, we don’t want any harm to come to them. We will stay here and observe, and cover you. If anything they would be surprised to still see you alive…”

By this point Alana has had a chance to change into fresh clothes, since he spent some time at the apartment.

Alan opens up the vehicle door and shouts.

"Mike! The ride's here! Come ON! We've gotta go!" he says at the top of his lungs, before sitting down casually at the threshold of the side door waiting.

Looking over at Ashana, Alan shrugs.

"You should probably be ready to shoot some of them just in case."

Shayuri

First Post
"We're far from unarmed," Facade begins, but a shout distracts her.

"Was that..."

She looks at the others, frowning. "Did that sound like Alan to you?"

Curious, Facade heads in the direction of the shout, trying to see where it came from.

Vanifae

First Post
James Heard said:
Alan opens up the vehicle door and shouts.

"Mike! The ride's here! Come ON! We've gotta go!" he says at the top of his lungs, before sitting down casually at the threshold of the side door waiting.

Looking over at Ashana, Alan shrugs.

"You should probably be ready to shoot some of them just in case."
Wedge throws his hands in the air exasperated, “What the hell was that I could have done that… a five year old could have done that… do you not understand anything? Are you trying to get yourself or us killed? Were you dropped on your head as a child?”

Biggs glances to Ashana. Ashana shrugs shaking her head.

Wedge continues, “Maybe we should just shoot him and get it over with?”

Façade and those that follow

Outside she sees Alan sitting in the backseat of a six wheeled all terrain vehicle parked near the curb with sentients looking at him. Inside the vehicle is a green skinned woman and two human males, one with dark skin the other a more modest tan.

The buzzing sound seems to intensify to a dull throbbing.

Dee closes her eyes, “Can you hear that beautiful song?”

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
"Song... it more like a buzzing sound. What is doing that? I thought I was hallucinating that." replies Ian to Dee.
Her eyes are still closed, “No it’s beautiful… the song is so beautiful… can’t you hear it.. can’t… you…” Dee collapses.

Shayuri

First Post
"Not music," Facade replies with a concerned frown. "More of a warbling...buzzing noise. But it got louder just before she collapsed."

"Alan seemed like he had medical training..."

She looks at Alan and waves him over with an arm.

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Ian kneels and touch Dee chest and tries to feel her breath and heart. "What's happening? Anyone else hear that sound?"
Ian makes contact with Dee to check her vitals:

Ian
[sblock]Images assault his mind, he sees Dee standing alone a bloody hand and knife over a bleeding huddled mass of bodies, behind her are figures swathed in darkness but the yellow pin pricks of eyes perhaps are visible.

He hears the song of what could best be described as angels, but they are in no language he understands, and it feels like information is pouring through his skin, through his mind, into every fiber of his being. He looks up and Dee offers him her bloody hand, she says something but he cannot understand it…

Then he sees a swarm descend upon everything…[/sblock]

Dee seems to be fine, but is unconscious.

Last edited:

Remove ads