Kickstarter [ZiMo] After the Darkness, A point-crawl horror game where you play as a family struggling to survive the Apocalypse

sesantaru

Villager

1643828901228.png

"After the Darkness" is an apocalyptic game of horror, family and selfishness. The sun has disappeared and a dense fog has covered the Earth, killing millions of people in just a few months and collapsing all its institutions, structures and creations. Although that does not seem to be the biggest problem anymore, the sky fervently screams and it seems heavier than before. Not everyone is dying of hypothermia anymore. Confusing movements and violent stampedes are heard in the distance, coming from the darkest shadows, the desolate railroads and ruined cities. Something is out there, creeping through the openings of our planet...​

You play as a nuclear family trying to protect their loved ones and looking for a warm safe place to wait the end of the cataclysm. Because of this you are forced to explore the Apocalyptic lands outside your old home, evading its monstrosities, socializing with unstable people, and struggling to eat, drink and sleep in the eternal nights of that new cold hell. Your final objective is to survive one entire year, starting in the final days of autumn, and ending in the first days of a bleak second winter, where no human could have survived on their own.

The main mechanics aspects are:

• Specific mechanics for playing as a Family instead of a solitary Character. Each player will have a family of four, impersonating them all most of the time (except in Combat and other dramatic scenes).
  • A creative but simple Stress System with different effects to apply after traumatic moments, and forcing you to settle down once in a while to restore your own stability.
  • Rules to survive the end of the world and their chaos.
  • An innovative system to explore a point-to-point map, with different areas, zones and tokens to represent random events to confront or avoid. Most of the game is played in the Map.
  • Rules and guides to simulate the passage of time.

There are no Characteristics, only Skills and Attributes. Experience or any Skill progression is nearly non-existent. The game is played in 4 or 5 seasons, and the final objective is only to survive and get to the see the sun again. Players can always impersonate any of their Characters except in Combat, where they have to choose one of them. The rest are used as NPCs by the GM.

There is also a second Zine that and is about the lore and has some optional mechanics for difficulty. And there is also a short introductory Comic that will be published free in www.sesantaru.com in a few days.

I hope you guys like it, The Kickstarter will be available this friday!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sesantaru/after-the-darkness

If you're also interested in any of my future games and art, subscribe to my mailing list :) www.sesantaru.com/subscribe

sesantaru

Villager
The Cover
31bb66bef3194a38ca55f322abb4246a_original.png

The proposed cover for the second zine, Rapture. It can be B&W or in color, depending of an Stretch Goal
bfde810154e21aa4559da552889942da_original.jpg

There is also an introductory Comic that will be expanded with many stretch goals, here are the first 7 pages. I'll the post the other 5 next friday in www.sesantaru.com/comic

Last edited:

sesantaru

Villager
After the Darkness has been picked as a Project We Love in Kickstarter!!! We are still far from our goal, but we still have hope.
FKyXpp9WYAo3pDD

sesantaru

Villager
First week and we're just 250 bucks to get to our goal. Our map is nearly finished, and Rapture too. We need more testing that'll be soon be done!

sesantaru

Villager
I've been working hard in this map, balance seems OK in most places, the north is incomplete, and I need to finish the north and add more toponymia. But it's looking good now.
bL7aDF1.jpeg

Remove ads