D&D 5E Zooming In On Monsters of the Multiverse [UPDATED!]

Earlier, WotC announced Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse, a new D&D compilation of monster material from previous products updated to a new format. These screen grabs are as good as I could get them. They're not terribly clear, but you can make more out than in the original images. The screenshots show the original entry in Volo's Guide to Monsters next to the new entry in...

Earlier, WotC announced Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse, a new D&D compilation of monster material from previous products updated to a new format. These screen grabs are as good as I could get them. They're not terribly clear, but you can make more out than in the original images.

The screenshots show the original entry in Volo's Guide to Monsters next to the new entry in Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.29.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.30.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.31.47 AM.png

UPDATE -- a cleaned up version of the War Priest has appeared on imgur.

1nFCAVj.png

There's also a standard beholder and a grell on it, but we know there won't be any MM creatures on it.
Uhh you know that Beholder is Xanathar right. The exact same beholder and image that is on the cover of Xanathar's Guide. Also that's not a grell, that's an Elder Brain which are in Volo's Guide. The other creatures on it are some Grung and a Kobold, which are in Volos as well.

Well, that's what I get for looking at it on a small screen on a phone. Until I took a closer look, it definitely looked like a grell, with the one tentacle looking sort of looking like a beak.

But in any case, without further info, it's just idle speculation on what will be in the book or not, as they have neither confirmed nor denied that everything from the bestiaries from VGtM and MToF will be in the book.

Remove ads

Remove ads