Of Wealth and Taste [OOC] [Accepting Alts]

Eluvan

First Post
This is the OOC thread for Of Wealth and Taste, a Planescape game. You can find the Rogues Gallery thread here. The IC thread is here.

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
I love Planescape, and would jump at the opportunity to play in a Planescape game. I've always wanted to play a rogue-ish character in the setting, and if you have the Eberron book, the Extreme Explorer class calls to me.. :D

Kangaxx

First Post
I'm also a big fan of planescape. It's the best official setting out there, hands down. If you want something from Savage Species, I'd be happy to whip up a monstrous PC.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Hmmm... so I seem to have 5 prospective players already. I guess that counts as sufficient interest then! I even managed to attract some regulars (Ferrix and Isida, I feel like I need to suck up to you guys somehow... do you want me to fudge some starting scores for you or something? :p).

All those ideas look sweet so far. Although I'm not a big fan of Action Points, so we'll have to work something out as regards a modification of the Extreme Explorer (and change the name....ick). I can just about put up with them inside Eberron itself, but I'd rather keep them off the planes as a whole. :D I guess I'd better get down to some serious plotting and scheming then. Planescape just isn't Planescape without some real rat-bastardly nefariousnessness. Ness. :)

So... let's have some input then guys. What do you like best about Planescape? Least? Do you want some Sigilian politics? Or would you prefer planar exploration? Pre/post faction war? What kind of power level are you interested in playing? I'm quite happy to DM for anything from 1st level through to Epic levels (though in that case I'd be working purely from the SRD). If you want to tie your characters together in their backgrounds, cool. If you want me to worry about all that instead, that's cool too. Do you want a character development-intensive experience with lots of DM-player collaboration and plotting and piling on the personal drama? Or just a good laugh (with Mephits!)?

Really, the ball's in your court to tell me what drew you to want to play in a Planescape game and what you want me to focus on. Then I'll try to take all your requests and furnish them into something cohesive and cool. This isn't an attempt to avoid responsibility, but rather to ensure we end up with the kind of game you guys all want to play. While I'm here, in the style of all those irritating RP books that give you 'sources of inspiration' anyone who hasn't already should really check out Shemeska's Story Hour, one of the finest Story Hours around and my prime candidate for number one thing to make you think 'wow, I really do wish I was playing Planescape right now'. Other useful sources for all things Planar are, again for anyone who doesn't already know of them, planewalker and the mimir. The races from planewalker.com should be fine, but if you're going to want to use any of them then run it by me first, okay?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I am always interested in a high level campaign, which seems appropriate for jaunting about the planes. I'm a fan of quests, with the occasional monster to slay, and always up for a rescue mission or delivering a great power from the hands of vile evil!

Edit - No sucking up required, I'm just a gamer looking for a good game. :D

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
I'd have to say something with some grit in it. Which makes the players nash their teeth as they make a decision which is going to turn bad one way or the other. Guess I like to be in a group just struggling to see if they can survive.

I guess I'm on the hunt for a choose this small town to be destroyed or the entire universe gets it type of grinding adventure.

This could mean a decent level (5-7) but anything really works for me. Generally I despise politics in real life, so I prefer to avoid them in game as well (doesn't mean others can't involve themselves, I just prefer not to spearhead politics).

On a side note, I feel honored to be called a regular next to Isida.

Last edited:

Remove ads