Deepwater's Despair

Erekose13

Explorer
Outside the shop, Fluke answers Sargon's question, "Yup I helped pack up the shipment, I'll know it when I see it. I know some of the other merchants in town too, so if we find some of their stuff we can bring it back to them for further reward."

As discussion turns to plans, Fluke adds, "Well I always figured that I'd manage to find some sneaky types who'd join me for a little reconnoitering. We could all go looking though. I don't like the idea of just wandering into the ambush neither, with all those poisoned arrows it just doesn't seem like a sound plan to me. What kind of gear are you thinking of Tyralis?"

dead_radish

Explorer
"To start, a second or third vial of this antitoxin, in case of emergencies - perhaps just one, that everyone could use as needed. I'd also like an elixir of healing, if we can find one, in case one of us is wounded in the attack...."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ah good point, let me see if I can grab one of each of those." Fluke says nipping back into Keylaran's shop.

To Keylaran he says, "Hey, Keylaran, could we get another couple of those vials, oh and did we have any of those healing elixirs left? Might be a good idea for us to take a couple of those too. Of course I'd offer to pay for it, what with you includin' me in on this little adventure." As he speaks he fishes through his pouches to pull out the coins that she had just given him.

ender_wiggin

First Post
* While Fluke is inside, Torug wonders aloud why Keyleran doesn't bother to come with them.

"I can see that's she's busy, with running a shop and all," he said, "But it's not like she'll get any business unless this mess is solved..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Erekose13 said:
"Ah good point, let me see if I can grab one of each of those." Fluke says nipping back into Keylaran's shop.

To Keylaran he says, "Hey, Keylaran, could we get another couple of those vials, oh and did we have any of those healing elixirs left? Might be a good idea for us to take a couple of those too. Of course I'd offer to pay for it, what with you includin' me in on this little adventure." As he speaks he fishes through his pouches to pull out the coins that she had just given him.
"Then I suggest you do, Fluke m'boy, because I don't have a whole lot on tap, considering how long this has been going on," Keylaran says, taking back Fluke's purse and removing half the platinum from it. She turns and flings another vial of antitoxin in Fluke's direction. "And tell them, if they ask, that I no longer leave Deepwater unless it is for life and death, and it hasn't gotten to that point yet."

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"One place to start is to find the site of the most recent ambush, find it, and then try to find some tracks leading away. If they're hijacking wagons, it's hard to haul off all the loot without taking the wagon itself. If they take the wagon, it will be hard to hide its tracks."

"I say we consult a map. Figure out the most recent ambush, and head out overland towards it. If we find trouble before we reach it, so much the better. If not, we try to track the missing wagons."

"Some healing potions would be a grand idea." *Sargon hands his bag of coins to Fluke* "I assume you know where to find some."

dead_radish

Explorer
Tyralis, Elven Ranger 1

*Tyralis nods, satisfied that the majority seemed to be taking his suggestion.* "Are any among us skilled with bows or thrown weapons? I suspect that our first run in with the bandits will be at range, and it would be helpful to be able to respond in kind...."

Erekose13

Explorer
Fluke returns from Keylaran's, "Got another vial of antitoxin just in case. As for ranged, I'm a pretty good shot with my crossbow here, especially if I can sneak up to some good cover."

Isida:
Is there anywhere I would know about to get healing potions since Keylaran didnt offer any?

Mordane76

First Post
Prendalin listens, adding nothing to the present discussion.

OOC: I'm still here, just wanted to make sure people didn't think I wasn't.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The temple of Fharlaghn would probably have healing potions for sale, and Korrim knows that the priest, Kit Walker, would be happy to sell some to his group.*

Remove ads