Deepwater's Despair

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Keylaran waves her hand at Tyralis' question.*

"Of course, what do you think I am, stupid? There's only one good road to Redhaven, and here's a copy of the map Teggis gave me to show where the caravan would be going. That would be Teggis Tosscobble, Guildmaster of the Caravan Guild, for those not in the know. Anyway, I marked about where the attacks have been happening. They started out about three day's travel away, but they've been getting a little closer each time. My caravan was attacked a day and a half away from Deepwater," she explains quickly, laying out a parchment map on the table. The road is bordered by woods nearly all the way to Redhaven, and is about ten miles north of the Deepwater river.

*At Fluke's introduction, Keylaran nods sharply and looks around at everyone. She projects an insane amount of self-confidence and arrogance, and it's clear she doesn't trust easily.*

"Huh, Korrim, I remember you. Well then, if you're all so eager to get going, let me give you the first part of your fee. One vial of antitoxin for each," she says, reaching over and grabbing a rack of small glass vials full of some viscous green substance.

Mordane76

First Post
"That doesn't bode well," Prendalin says at the mention of anti-toxin. "Anything we should know about the people holding up these caravans - like we might need these?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Pretty sure I covered that one. Oh I know, Thrak remembered bout the arrows back at the bar. Yup the bandits use poisoned arrows to attack the caravans. Part of the payment I mentioned included these vials. Nice maps Keylaran, here can I take them with?" Fluke says, trying to cover things so that the alchemist doesnt suspect that he forgot to inform everyone what they were getting into.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Of course you can take them, I don't want you getting lost. And you get a hundred gold up front, like I promised," she says, and takes out several small purses. Each prove to have ten pieces of platinum in them. "Now, get going! And if you run off with my gold, you'll wish you'd never been born."

ender_wiggin

First Post
*Torug takes the money and the vial and pockets both. He waits silently for the group to assemble somewhere outside, so they may discuss their course of action...

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

Sargon checks his pouch for coins. Satisfied, he admonishes Fluke on the way out. "You will know these herbs and potions and whatnot that the lady's looking for if we find them, won't you?"

Once outside, he cocks his head and gazes at the clouds. "The bandits attack the roads, counting on surprise. We should take to the bush."

ender_wiggin

First Post
"But this is a very large map," replies Torug. "Can't hope to scour it all, and save this m'aam's business now, can we?"

"I say we take to the road, pretend to be a caravan - to draw them out."

dead_radish

Explorer
"Well, we are, perhaps, not the most convincing of caravans. Besides, I dislike walking in to an ambush, even one we know is coming. Be aware an arrow will pierce you at some point is small comfort when the arrow comes...."

*Tyralis too checks his pouch, and nods.* "Perhaps a quick moment in town, to pick up supplies, now that we are a bit more informed?"

ender_wiggin

First Post
"But even when we are fully stocked and armed, where will we begin? By heading knee deep into their territory? How is that any better for an ambush?"

dead_radish

Explorer
"Myself, I prefer to have at least a chance to avoid the ambush, and set one of my own. If some of you are not up to a trek through the woods, and worry, we can find a cushy wagon, and ride on it until they shoot at us. I'm sure Sargon and I can play outrider anyway...."

Remove ads