Deepwater's Despair

Erekose13

Explorer
*Fluke orders an ale while he waits for those still eating to finish, offering to buy one for anyone else who has to wait. Then he leads his small troupe out towards Keylaran's place, trying to judge what to make of each of them and also trying to remember their names from what they wrote given that most did not introduce themselves.*

dead_radish

Explorer
Tyralis, Elven Ranger 1

*As they walk, Tyralis easily begins checking his bowstring, the fletching on his arrows, and other small, mundane details. It's clear he is practiced at the upkeep, and familiar with his bow. It's also fairly clear, for those with a slightly discerning mind, that he doing his best to make sure every one else knows that he's familiar with it. After a few moments of travel, he turns to the nearest companion and says, unceremoniously,* "So, what do you bring?"

Last edited:

ender_wiggin

First Post
Torug, Cleric 1 (Talos)

*The elf's question shook Torug out of a daze. Along with his food, he had consumed a very respectable amount of ale. His halfling liver had gotten used to it through years of drinking, but nevertheless was somewhat unsuited to processing such a large amount of toxin.*

*Torug's morningstar is kept in a sling across his shoulders, the handle of it rising past his right shoulder, and the spiked ball in midair behind his back. He unslings it in one, fluid, practiced motion, letting the wind whisper through a few cracks in the wooden handle.*

"Here's me club," he says quietly. His hand jumps to the middle of the wooden shaft, and he reaches upwards and offers the weapon to Tyralis. "T'was given to me by a dwarven elder. Heh. It's nice; plain, simple, and sharp."

Mordane76

First Post
"A mule, a cart, and some light reading," Prendalin says to Tyralis. "A dagger to whittle. Oh, and my notebook - I'm starting a funeral log and journal that I can make reports to the Church of the Judge as we make stops in the cities. Oh... and Thok. What do you say, Thok - would you like to come along, too," Prendalin says to the raven on his staff.

"RWARK, Come along, RWARK," Thok responds hoarsely.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis considers the morningstar, noting that it seems to have seen use.* "That's got to frighten a man when you swing it at arm's level...." *He hands it back carefully.* "I prefer my plain, simple and sharp to be at a distance" he says, gesturing to his quiver. "But all the same, you've got to be prepared." *His battleaxe isn't nearly as used as Torug's star, but does look serviceable. Close examination reveals that he sports several throwing axes about his person as well. He looks at the others, expectantly, not glancing at the mage.*

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

*Sargon is somewhat lost in thought, examining the ranger. *

Looks familiar, that one. It's not him been following me, is it?

"I'm Sargon. I can hunt, trap, swim, climb trees, stuff like that. Check this out."

*He holds out his glavie and swings it about a bit.*

"I saw one of these at a store. It seems more dangerous than the long spears I used to use on the steppes. If we're attacked, just stay behind me. Don't get in my way. You can stay back there and shoot arrows or cast spells, or do whatever you do."

Erekose13

Explorer
Joining in the conversation, Fluke says "For my part I am an apprentice alchemist and an adventurer. I prefer to find the most expedient way to end a confrontation. Games of chance are my bread and butter and I have been known to tell a good joke every now and again."

carhesl

First Post
"I fight!" "I'm a simple soldier, nothing more."
*Looking at the others*
"If...When.. combat comes, some of you should stay behind me. This shield of mine is big enough to allow spellcasting and missile-fire at a safe distance."

Remove ads