TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Henry

Autoexreginated
Llaurenela said:
...A guy that we know who is in his 60's was living in southern OH in the early 70's and and was sent a copy of Chainmail by a friend and then later when D&D came out he was sent a copy of it by the same friend in early summer 1974...

...this guy that we know told us that he would ref our first game if we could get an OD&D box set with hobbits, ents and balrogs (etc.)..

I didn't know Diaglo had a twin brother. ;)

Llaurenela

First Post
Triskaidekafile said:
Just to dive in, I must say that sounds awesome. (I tried tracking down some of the origin. boxed set era material some few years ago and found it prohibitively expensive - at least via ebay) I hope the game is at least as good as it sounds to be.

Hi ya,
We have gotten some pretty good deals, I got Outdoor Survival, the three LBB D&D, Greyhawk, Gods, Demi-Gods & Heros, Chainmail and The Arduin Trilogy for just under $100.00. We need Blackmoor & Eldritch Wizardy but have not been able to find either one for an honest price, so I am going to print Blackmoor out from the free pdf and I got the Eldritch Wizardy pdf for $4.95. So we are about good to do. We were all agreed that $30-40 each for Blackmoor & Eldritch Wizardy is not justified when you can get a Greyhawk for $5-$10. After the first game or maybe two, then I will be the ref, so I am designing a new world from scratch.
Cheers,
Llaurenela

dvvega

Explorer
Brother? Someone needs glasses, wrong gender dude. LOL

Ummm it doesn't matter what gender Diaglo is Brother is the correct term for the 60 year old guy.

You can have a female/brother twin set, female/female twin set, and a brother/brother twin set barring genetic anomalies.

Thus Diaglo's gender matters not in the statement

I didn't know Diaglo had a twin brother

since Diaglo's twin brother would be the old guy mentioned in the anecdote.

D

gideon_thorne

First Post
dvvega said:
Ummm it doesn't matter what gender Diaglo is Brother is the correct term for the 60 year old guy.

You can have a female/brother twin set, female/female twin set, and a brother/brother twin set barring genetic anomalies.

Thus Diaglo's gender matters not in the statement

Not that grammar correctness matters in the context of humor, but it wasnt diaglo I was refering too. :p

dvvega

Explorer
Then I'm officially confused ... "the guy" is male so ... to whom were you referring?

Please cast Dispel Magic on my Confusion.

gideon_thorne

First Post
dvvega said:
Then I'm officially confused ... "the guy" is male so ... to whom were you referring?

The original poster of the whole paragraph. Not that it matters. The moment is gone. The magic lost. Alas! *wry smile*

dvvega

Explorer
Now I have been Feebleminded ... oh alas I cannot think straight.

I wonder if I can use this to get out of work ... "just peruse EN World and see my brain's faltering"

orsal

LEW Judge
dvvega said:

I think gideon_thorne thought you were referring to Llaurenela, when in fact you were referring to someone mentioned (with male pronouns) by Llaurenela.

Oh, and to the uninitiated: diaglo is ENworld's resident OD&D curmudgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads