TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thufur said:
Well then, you are the toast of the town. I had never really read through it's description until about November, when we were finishing up G1 Steading. Seeing as every requirement for a Moondog's willing service was fulfilled prior to them getting their arses handed to them, by moi, I felt that it would be a perfect fit when the party priest cast Implore, begging for help. What can't a Moondog do? They are friggin awesome. Thanks.
Heh...

...and my prediliction towards making the game a bit tilted in favor of good over Evil comes through there pretty plainly. Those few who wanted the tilt to be towards Evil used to send me whining letters all too frequently :\

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
ColonelHardisson said:
The Frazetta documentary - replete with historical overview, film footage of Frank at different points in his life, and commentary from other artists and famous folk who were influenced by him - has been shown a number of times on the Independent Film Channel. It also is available for sale; I've seen an entry on Amazon for it.
Okay,

That explains why I have never spotted it in the tube. We don't get the Independent Film Channel. I'll see if son Ernie does, and see if he'll record it for me. (I am not one to buy/collect video tapes or DVDs. I do plan to get some of the CDs of Firesign Theater material I have missed or from records worn out. As a Sherlock Holmes fan the Giant Rat of Sumatra is at the top of my list!)

Cheers,
Gary

Llaurenela

First Post
Gray Mouser said:
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but my pdf of Supplement I (Greyhawk) contains the following corrections:

Hope this helps.

Gray Mouser

Hi ya Gray Mouser,
Thanks, this Greyhawk errata is in the back of my Greyhawk too. What I am looking for is the errata for Men & Magic, Monsters & Treasure and The Underworld and Wilderness Adventures. I don't really care about mispelled words or anything like that. What I am interested in is this: Are there any numbers/percentages/bonuses/penalties or rule specific items that were misprinted and need to be corrected? If I can confirm that there are no errors of this type then I will stop looking.
Cheers,
Llaurenela

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Col_Pladoh said:
Okay,

That explains why I have never spotted it in the tube. We don't get the Independent Film Channel. I'll see if son Ernie does, and see if he'll record it for me.

Then have Ernie watch for "F for Fake" also, as the IFC has been showing it, too.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Speaking of plugs...

I will in the next month or so be likely (99%) to be posting a thread here asking for beta testers for an online game. Those that sign up get lifetime free pass to the game website. I am mentioning it here, now because a heads-up is called for consiodering the company ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Nathal

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
Speaking of plugs...

I will in the next month or so be likely (99%) to be posting a thread here asking for beta testers for an online game. Those that sign up get lifetime free pass to the game website. I am mentioning it here, now because a heads-up is called for consiodering the company ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Does this have to do with Lejendary Adventure? I hope so.

Serendipity

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
Speaking of plugs...

Cheers,
Gary

Hm. Unless it is temporally dependant (work eats up most of my time) I'm interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads