TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Henry

Autoexreginated
Gary, I'd have to discount that one. As a Star Wars fan, I found "Sith" to be one of the better ones in the series. I'd probably place it below my favorite, "Empire Strikes Back," in entertainment value and plot development, and as sheer eye-candy it wasn't bad either.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Gary, I'd have to discount that one. As a Star Wars fan, I found "Sith" to be one of the better ones in the series. I'd probably place it below my favorite, "Empire Strikes Back," in entertainment value and plot development, and as sheer eye-candy it wasn't bad either.
Right!

I plan to see the movie to judge for myself. I have heard that the special effects were excellent, that the acting was qite poor, bit in all worth the price of the ticket. However, I do tend to fall asleep in films that drag... :]

Cheers,
Gary

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Right!

I plan to see the movie to judge for myself. I have heard that the special effects were excellent, that the acting was qite poor, bit in all worth the price of the ticket. However, I do tend to fall asleep in films that drag... :]

Cheers,
Gary

Kind Sir, methinks you will not fall to slumber that easy...there are many things to see in that film, that should not be missed.

And forgive me, it is a pleasure, to see you in good health.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Truth Seeker said:
Kind Sir, methinks you will not fall to slumber that easy...there are many things to see in that film, that should not be missed.

And forgive me, it is a pleasure, to see you in good health.
My thanks, Truth Seeker :)

As a matter of fact they recently upped the dosage of one of my meds, so I am not quite as full of beans as I was--the stuff takes about two or three months for one's system to become accustomed to, so I was advised by a comrade who takes similar medication, and so I discovered for myself. Anyway, I hope to again get back into being able to work here at the keyboard for longer periods of time, as I really enjoy creative work. That demands a lot from me though, intense concentration for relatively uninterrupted hours so as to maintain continuity and cover all the bases.

Enough of this wah-wahing :\

Cheers,
Gary

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Col_Pladoh said:
Why bother with that? I don't care about such things. Enough I post here :eek:

Cheers,
Gary
My thoughts exactly. I only got one because people were bugging me to get one. And I'm here more often than you.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Jdvn1 said:
My thoughts exactly. I only got one because people were bugging me to get one. And I'm here more often than you.
You bowed to pressure...perhaps wisely, as you are a very active poster here ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Col_Pladoh said:
You bowed to pressure...perhaps wisely, as you are a very active poster here ;)

Cheers,
Gary
That was my rationale, anyway. :D

Also, I've had this avatar (I made it myself! It makes for a cool background too) for a while and enjoy it.

TheGogmagog

First Post
Gary, I saw this question over in the rules forum. You have any ideas on it? I thought if you didn't know there isn't much hope. I'm also curious about 2nd edition.
Rules - Errata for OD&D 1974 Edition
Hi all,

From the OD&D FAQ (1975 version) which originally appeared in THE STRATEGIC REVIEW Vol. 1, No. 2 (Summer 1975):

"In addition, there are a few errors which have been corrected by means of additional sheet in the latest printing of D & D. Those of you with sets of the rules which do not contain these corrections can acquire one simply by sending a stamped return envelope to TSR requesting “D & D Corrections”."

This errata sheet is, of course, not available from WOTC so I am wondering, does anyone still have this, that would be willing to provide this information or does anyone know where I might go to find a copy of this?

Thanks a heap for any info you might have,
Llaurenela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads